What's new

iPhone4 iPod app issues

SpathsPath

Reaction score
I have been lurking on this forum for some time, but ran into a problem that I can not figure out on my own. Any help would be appreciated.

I use the iPod feature of my iPhone4 a lot. I have lots of music and a couple of audiobooks. I have lots of music and a couple of audiobooks.

Every morning while working out I listen to either some music or one or the other of the audiobooks. Two days ago while listening to one of the audio books the sound started speeding up. It is now playing at a speed that makes the person reading the book sound like Mickey Mouse. I checked the other audio book and it is the same.

The music all play fine. It is only these two audiobooks. I tried syncing with my computer iTunes, removing the audiobooks and reinstalling. I also have an iPod separate from the iPhone that is synced with my computer iTunes and has all the same stuff on it.

The iPod and the computer both play everything fine. Only the iPhone plays the audio books faster than normal.

Can anyone help me figure this puzzlement out?

Guess no one has run into this before. I went to the Apple store this afternoon & got it fixed.

It seems that for the iPod feature audiobooks & podcasts ONLY if you tap in the middle of the screen a setting overlays the display allowing you to 2X the speed & return it to normal.

Guess no one has run into this before. I went to the Apple store this afternoon & got it fixed.

It seems that for the iPod feature audiobooks & podcasts ONLY if you tap in the middle of the screen a setting overlays the display allowing you to 2X the speed & return it to normal.

Aha yeah thats what thought immediately. Wasn't sure if it was the same with audio books but I do know that happens with podcasts. Glad you got it sorted anyway.