What's new

iTunes is horrible!

Tricon7

Reaction score
I hate iTunes! I'm constantly trying to move a song from my iPhone to my computer, but iTunes won't move it or recognize it's there from Windows Explorer. Also, when I click on my device (iPhone) in Windows Explorer and drill down to the files that are on there, it only lists my jpeg and mov files - it doesn't list a single mpeg or mp3 file, though I have dozens of songs on my iPhone. I had to freakin' buy the most recent song twice - once on my iPhone and once from my laptop, since the song won't transfer from my iPhone to my computer.

No doubt I'm overlooking something preposterously obvious, but I can't find it for the life of me. Why Apple doesn't make things simpler, I have no idea, and I'm not by any stretch a computer idiot.

Last edited:
You only have access to the DCIM directory via USB.

How did you get the song on your iPhone without using iTunes?

are you going to the music tab in itunes with phone connected and clicking on sync music? Its easy as pie

are you going to the music tab in itunes with phone connected and clicking on sync music? Its easy as pie

iTunes has never been easy as pie and this is why a lot of people hate it. Only once you've lost everything, clicked everything, messed about with everything does it become easier.

iHolophyte

iTunes has never been easy as pie and this is why a lot of people hate it. Only once you've lost everything, clicked everything, messed about with everything does it become easier.

iHolophyte
There are some that "It just works" for... LOL!!! For most, though, it does take some trial and error to become fluent when using iTunes.

Itunes is FAR from user friendly. I still don't get it. Like the new update I just tried to do, first says something about bought stuff not somewhere. Click x5-10 figure it out. Then it warns me about losing all data and could be 4 hour update that can't be interrupted. Nope X out.
Ok exaggerated but it's seriously crap. Even synching is not a simple process when you first set up. It's 2011 and I'm not reading a manual on how to use a web sight to get the ins and outs of it. I should have a handle on 90% of things with first time use. It's unexcusable

No itunes isnt easy at first hence the constant questions on forums and google,i find its ok if im using it fairly often but if i dont go on it for a while i have to have a good think.

Tricon7 said:
I hate iTunes! I'm constantly trying to move a song from my iPhone to my computer, but iTunes won't move it or recognize it's there from Windows Explorer. Also, when I click on my device (iPhone) in Windows Explorer and drill down to the files that are on there, it only lists my jpeg and mov files - it doesn't list a single mpeg or mp3 file, though I have dozens of songs on my iPhone. I had to freakin' buy the most recent song twice - once on my iPhone and once from my laptop, since the song won't transfer from my iPhone to my computer.

No doubt I'm overlooking something preposterously obvious, but I can't find it for the life of me. Why Apple doesn't make things simpler, I have no idea, and I'm not by any stretch a computer idiot.

Perhaps the problem is Windows. I'm a Mac person and everything works flawless for me. Just sayin.

I recently updated to Lion. The process went seamlessly. All my music purchased from iTunes and otherwise is still there. All my photos are as they were before. The only thing that didn't survive the upgrade were saved passwords in the keychain.

It is very familiar for me. When i bought my first ipod touch i cant stand itunes,and i cant move video or films on my ipod. But after some time i got used. And only now i understand that it's very convinient media player.With itunes i can do things which another programs cant do.

I was going to make a new thread, but I think the OP, NewDestinyX and I all have very similar situations - or at least a similar goal.

My situation is this: due to various circumstances, I had to format my hard drive on my PC. I lost everything - been very busy so I don't have a recent backup. Consequently, I have lost years worth of mp3's that I have been collecting - BUT, I have much of them on my iPhone. I would like to copy the mp3's FROM my iPhone TO my computer.

I think that's the bottom line of the op, and also of NewDestinyX: we (I believe) want to get songs FROM our iPhones and copy them TO our computers.

Is this possible? I suspect someone may mention a jailbreak solution - but alas, I am on a 4s, so....

I sure hope this can be done.

Take care,
Rob

Yes there are apps out there Price is around $30 to $80 that work fine and they also transfer Picts. I suggest just search the net. Trial stuff is Available.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Yeah, I really REALLY dont want to buy anything... I plan to resume using itunes to manage all my music (hey, what can I say? It works for me). I just need to transfer all the music and photos and videos from my phone to my pc - ONCE. After that I wont need the program anymore - so buying it seems silly. So far, the trials I have seen only seem to transfer a limited amount of things - or only photos or videos. I need a one shot - complete transfer solution.

So far, no luck :(

Take care,
Rob

Ok - I found it. Err, I found something. It wasn't perfect - it was a little clunky.... but it got the job done. Fairly quick as well.

----and it was FREE!

I know I can't post links here, so I wont. But hopefully mentioning the name is ok - the program was called iFunbox. Again, not perfect - a little on the ugly side, and fairly clunky. But it worked and didn't cost me a thing other than some time.

Take care,
Rob