What's new

Issues with Apple Music

DrumsOfGrohl

Staff member
Reaction score
While I am a fan of Apple Music, there are some pretty blatant issues that, while most likely known to Apple, need to be addressed ASAP.

I thought it would be cool to keep a running list going, so as people comment, I’ll add them to this list.

• Duplicate songs. Sometimes my library will show 2 copies of the same song, which is really annoying when you’re trying to listen to an album and each song plays twice.
  • Unique versions of songs are replaced with original versions. I have a live version of a song that I like much more than the studio version, but for some reason, Apple Music has replaced the track with the original studio version, but did not change the title of the song, so it still says "Live Version," but the track is not the live version.
  • Shuffling music is a pain. There needs to be an easier way to shuffle music, like the Shuffle button the previous version of Music used to have.
  • The app is unfriendly to non-Apple Music subscribers. For people uninterested in Apple Music, and just want use the app for its music player, the app is overly complicated.
  • Can't view all songs by an artist or in a genre. When you tap an artist's name, it brings up all of their albums, but it doesn't list all their songs. This is especially annoying for when you're looking for one song and can't remember which album it's on. This is only the case for "My Music," as this is not an issue in the "For You" or "New" tabs, where you can see "Top Songs" from an artist.
  • Album artwork can make it difficult to see the Title Bar on top of the display, especially with busier artwork. [Submitted by @Voidths]

Make sure you check out the other posts on Apple Music:

Last edited:
Yea, they really messed this one up. For years I never considered another phone because I loved having all of my music with me at all times. Now I use spotify exclusively and don't even bother with the music app. When it comes time to upgrade, they'll have to compete with other brands for my business because it'll no longer be automatic.

Just thought of another one, and I think iTunes used to do the same thing: I hate how when I close my Apple Music app, it doesn't remember which album or playlist I was listening to, or which song in that album or playlist I was on, so when I start it up to listen to music, I either have to start a new playlist, or just guess what the last song I had listened to was.

My stupid Tower defense game can remember what level I'm on, but Apple Music can't keep track?

I don't like how the artwork now covers the title bar. It's probably not a big deal to most people, but I have some tweaks that show an icon in the title bar for new email/text message and for missed calls. With the art work covering that, I can't see them, plus I can hardly see the clock most the time either. Kind of a bad design in my opinion.

hmmm. I don't mind it so much, but I can see how it can be difficult to read sometimes.