What's new

Issue with Cydia App "Grid Lock"

Reaction score
I'm having an issue I think is related to the cydia app Grid Lock. My theme requires me to adjust my icons where I need them so you can see part of the theme. It's seems to be working most of the time but a few times a day my phone will reboot and/or respring on its own. Also after almost every phone call it will also reboot and/or respring. I've tried changing to Grid Lock 2 which seems to be worse. When I removed Grid Lock the reboot/respring issue stopped. Is this a known issue? Is it most likely related to my iOS version? My big question is... Is there a fix or a better app to use?

Using iPhone 4S iOS 6.

the latest version is 2.02, it solved my problem of apps popping out of folders after a respring.
theres alteratives to gridlock such as iconoclasm. if money is an issue then i would go with iconoclasm or one of the other few options since gridlock is very much overpriced for a upgrade and a travesty for a new install.

I reinstalled Grid Lock 2. Maybe I had an older version. I'll see if it works.

Using an iPhone 4S iOS 6.

It should work. That's what I had to do too!!

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Just an update. Still not working. I was using the theme boss.ios which has some cool features like weather on your desktop towards the top. So I needed GridLock to keep icons away from the top so I could see those features. Not only does GridLock still reboot & respring my phone it also regularly kicks it over to safe mode daily. I removed GridLock to see if it fixed the issue. After 48 hours my phone never rebooted/resprung/kicked into safe mode. So because I couldn't see the features I wanted with boss.ios I switched to ayecon theme. Not as nice but still love it.

Using an iPhone 4S iOS 6.

Gridlock has worked flawless for me on 2 devices, ever since the second update they sent out...what other stuff do u have installed?

I have quite a bit installed. But I don't believe any of them are the issue. I've been GridLock free for several days now and not a single issue since. I don't know. Maybe it was clashing with another tweak. But I'd prefer to keep all those tweaks than keep GridLock & boss.ios.

Using an iPhone 4S iOS 6.1.1

That happens because you haven't installed that tweak properly. Go to the cydia » packages and reinstall that tweak. Your problem will be solved..