What's new

Is this normal for iphone?

j0yful

Reaction score
Sorry, if the question sounds foolish. I want to know if it's normal for the iphone to heat up a bit when your using it ? especially when your talking to someone?

This is my first Iphone and have no idea. I've gotten used to the Ipad not heating up. Thanks.

Last edited:
Sorry, if the question sounds foolish. I want to know if it's normal for the iphone to heat up a bit when your using it ? especially when your talking to someone?

This is my first Iphone and have no idea. I've gotten used to the Ipad not heating up. Thanks.

It didn't happen as much with my older iPhones but I've notice my ip4 does it fairly frequently, although I use it a lot!?

It does heat up a fair bit when Im actually talking on it. I thought my case wouldn't be helping...

My 3g used to heat up a fair bit when using the bluetooth tethering option. I used to get a message saying that it needed to cool down on the screen. I ended up leaving it on the windowsill most times. Occasionally putting it in the fridge if that didn't work! :D

It does heat up a fair bit when Im actually talking on it. I thought my case wouldn't be helping...

My 3g used to heat up a fair bit when using the bluetooth tethering option. I used to get a message saying that it needed to cool down on the screen. I ended up leaving it on the windowsill most times. Occasionally putting it in the fridge if that didn't work! :D

LMAO...."put it in the fridge". I like it!!!

Cya

thanks, im assured now I didnt get a defective unit .

Hi all I'm new to this forum, I have had my Iphone for a couple of months now and yes it does heat up a bit when I talk on it for more than 10 minutes. Running apps on it doesn't make it heat up though.

I fell asleep with my phone in my pocket. I woke up in the middle of the night because my leg felt really hot. It was my phone! It was very hot and It was going through a restart phase every couple of minutes. I put it on my desk and it cooled down and I have not had a problem since.

I am thinking that the lithium ion battery got a little to warm from body heat and started to overheat and probably would have runaway if I didn't catch it. This might have either melted the phone or burned my leg or both! Eh, who knows.... I think it might be a safety issue though.

Any suggestions?

Mine only heats up when the battery is charging, haven't seen the warning message yet.

I fell asleep with my phone in my pocket. I woke up in the middle of the night because my leg felt really hot. It was my phone! It was very hot and It was going through a restart phase every couple of minutes. I put it on my desk and it cooled down and I have not had a problem since.

I am thinking that the lithium ion battery got a little to warm from body heat and started to overheat and probably would have runaway if I didn't catch it. This might have either melted the phone or burned my leg or both! Eh, who knows.... I think it might be a safety issue though.

Any suggestions?

this is alarming!

Any suggestions?

If it does overheat to an unsafe level you should get the over temp warning. So you and your phone wouldn't get injured ;)

i encounter the following problems when setting up tm.net email account in iphone 4.

1. missing incoming emails (comparing to what i got from MS Outlook)
2. MS Outlook doesn't capture emails sent from iphone in the sent folder

i don't have such problems with my yahoo and exchange email accounts but only tm.net email. i tried calling maxis & TM, but none of the agent could help me

Please help me!! Thanks