What's new

Is there any real solution to the no headphone jack problem so far?

AndroidNoMore

Reaction score
I'm not really an audiophile, but I own Sennheiser HD650, which destroys most headphones that people own. They are great for gaming, watching movies, listening to music on my laptop, etc, but you don't want to take these around. I have a short cable, but these headphones are big and don't look that great.

It really blows that Apple removed the headphone jack. It was so obvious that this was just a plot to sell the air pods. $150 is too much for these earphones which I'm sure the quality is not great

Using the dongle really sucks. It is very inconvenient and it looks fragile. All the affordable bluetooth headphones on Amazon have bad reviews about them going to crap after weeks or couple of months. Not to mention, bluetooth sounds terrible compared to wired headphones. You would need to spend like $200 for some brand bluetooth to get decent ones.

The lighting headphones also have terrible reviews on Amazon. Even the Apple lightning headphones have bad reviews on Apple's website. These are just regular cheap Apple headphones but with a lightning end.

Since I don't want to spend much money, that leaves you with the only option. Using the stupid dongle with wired earphones, which are more durable and have better reviews, more long lasting. Even then, you have to carry that stupid dongle everywhere you go and most earphones have the connector pointing to the side, rather than straight, which ruins the look and makes it even more inconvenient.

You can buy those dongle key chains, but they also have reviews of people losing dongles with them.

I wouldn't mind paying for airpods if they were offered with different tips. Apple seems to think that we are all robots who have the same ear shapes and orifices.

Last edited:
I'm not really an audiophile, but I own Sennheiser HD650, which destroys most headphones that people own. They are great for gaming, watching movies, listening to music on my laptop, etc, but you don't want to take these around. I have a short cable, but these headphones are big and don't look that great.

It really blows that Apple removed the headphone jack. It was so obvious that this was just a plot to sell the air pods. $150 is too much for these earphones which I'm sure the quality is not great

Using the dongle really sucks. It is very inconvenient and it looks fragile. All the affordable bluetooth headphones on Amazon have bad reviews about them going to crap after weeks or couple of months. Not to mention, bluetooth sounds terrible compared to wired headphones. You would need to spend like $200 for some brand bluetooth to get decent ones.

The lighting headphones also have terrible reviews on Amazon. Even the Apple lightning headphones have bad reviews on Apple's website. These are just regular cheap Apple headphones but with a lightning end.

Since I don't want to spend much money, that leaves you with the only option. Using the stupid dongle with wired earphones, which are more durable and have better reviews, more long lasting. Even then, you have to carry that stupid dongle everywhere you go and most earphones have the connector pointing to the side, rather than straight, which ruins the look and makes it even more inconvenient.

You can buy those dongle key chains, but they also have reviews of people losing dongles with them.

I wouldn't mind paying for airpods if they were offered with different tips. Apple seems to think that we are all robots who have the same ear shapes and orifices.
Apple does offer a premium in ear headphone that comes with 3 different tip sizes to fit most ears. As to the lightning EarPods supplied with the iPhone, they're exactly the same as the previous version except for the connector.
Most earphones and headphones I've seen have a straight connector, not a right angled one.

Apple does offer a premium in ear headphone that comes with 3 different tip sizes to fit most ears. As to the lightning EarPods supplied with the iPhone, they're exactly the same as the previous version except for the connector.
Most earphones and headphones I've seen have a straight connector, not a right angled one.

Could you post a link to this premium headphone? I’ve never heard about it. And please don’t say beats lol cause that’s not premium. They simply bought that brand because is so popular due to their fashion statement that it works perfect for Apple.

Lighting earphones are exactly the same as the cheap headphones provided when you bought an iphone 6, yet they want $25 for them. I’d buy them if they had different tips. They have bad reviews on apple site of not lasting even 6 months.

I’ve read and watch reviews for airpods and all the reviewers say they sound exactly the same as the regular wired Apple headphones, so basically you’re paying $150 just for the fashion statement and the convenience of being very easy to pair and use. They are also very easy to lose and will not fit everyones ears. Also you cannot try them out first as far as I know lol

Yeah, many have straight connectors, but if you go to Amazon and search for earphones, many of those good ones have the angled plug. The panasonic $10 earphones which are ones the best earphones for under $10 have this angled plug.

I’m yet to find a proper solution for this dilemma. I wanted to try bluetooth earphones but man they all have bad reviews of failing even after days. This is why you should always read the negative and most recent reviews first. There are many positive fake reviews on Amazon.

Last edited:
Could you post a link to this premium headphone? I’ve never heard about it. And please don’t say beats lol cause that’s not premium. They simply bought that brand because is so popular due to their fashion statement that it works perfect for Apple.

Lighting earphones are exactly the same as the cheap headphones provided when you bought an iphone 6, yet they want $25 for them. I’d buy them if they had different tips. They have bad reviews on apple site of not lasting even 6 months.

I’ve read and watch reviews for airpods and all the reviewers say they sound exactly the same as the regular wired Apple headphones, so basically you’re paying $150 just for the fashion statement and the convenience of being very easy to pair and use. They are also very easy to lose and will not fit everyones ears. Also you cannot try them out first as far as I know lol

Yeah, many have straight connectors, but if you go to Amazon and search for earphones, many of those good ones have the angled plug. The panasonic $10 earphones which are ones the best earphones for under $10 have this angled plug.

I’m yet to find a proper solution for this dilemma. I wanted to try bluetooth earphones but man they all have bad reviews of failing even after days. This is why you should always read the negative and most recent reviews first. There are many positive fake reviews on Amazon.
These are the earphones on Apple.com. Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic
The price is in Canadian dollars. You will get the local price when you search the local Apple site.

I use Sennheisers as well. Nothing else sounds anywhere near as good, and there's no way ear buds could possibly rival the sound, no matter how good they are. It's just not possible.

Honestly, the best solution is the dongle, but keep it attached to the Sennheisers, then it's the same as plugging it into a jack when you want them.

I use Sennheisers as well. Nothing else sounds anywhere near as good, and there's no way ear buds could possibly rival the sound, no matter how good they are. It's just not possible.

Honestly, the best solution is the dongle, but keep it attached to the Sennheisers, then it's the same as plugging it into a jack when you want them.

I already do that at home, but why am I paying for spotify? I have unlimited music streaming with my phone plan, so to take advantage of this, I need good earphones when I'm out and about. I don't want to carry those big Senn headphones lol

I figure I can buy some Panasonic earphones and keep the dongle in my wallet. I'm still looking for some affordable and good lightning earphones. I'd rather just have one thing than two accessories to carry around.

My Beats Solo 3 sound great to me, and can be used wired through the dongle or Bluetooth

You can also use a Bluetooth receiver and connect any standard pin headphones or ear buds so if you have a favorite there you go

My Beats Solo 3 sound great to me, and can be used wired through the dongle or Bluetooth

You can also use a Bluetooth receiver and connect any standard pin headphones or ear buds so if you have a favorite there you go

they would destroy my ear

Um I did not know anything about apple removing the headphone jack. My iPad mini 2 has one and so does my iPhone 6.

Um I did not know anything about apple removing the headphone jack. My iPad mini 2 has one and so does my iPhone 6.
There’s a dongle you can purchase. It used to come free with the iPhone 8 but apparently no longer. Or you go Bluetooth headphones.

With as many Bluetooth headphones out today I find it hard to believe they would destroy your ears. Not sure if you mean comfort wise, but trust me, there are hundreds if not thousands of different Bluetooth headphones these days. From earbuds, to large cup type ones. If you still feel that you can’t find one that fits your needs, like said just buy the adapter dongle for a regular plug into the phone 3.5mm jack type headphones.

Just for your information using any thing with the volume too loud can hurt your ears and your hearing.

For anyone else wondering, the headphone jack was removed on the iPhone 7 and the iPad Pro (2018). Anything previous to these generations still has a physical 3.5mm jack, otherwise you could opt for the Apple lightning dongle that gives you a 3.5mm jack if you really miss it that much. Or there's always bluetooth.

I don't miss the headphone jack at all. Good riddance.