What's new

Is there an app that can disable SMS notifications afterhours?

archivegod

Reaction score
Hi All

Does anyone know if there is an app that can disable SMS notifications afterhours?

I work in IT and receive notifications when systems go down, this is of course helpful during the day but killer at night (if its broken they will phone me during the night). My phone needs to ring therefore silent mode won’t work, if I do turn my phone onto vibrate then I don’t want SMS notifications to make my phone vibrate.

A tall order but hey, there is an app for almost everything

Just go to settings - sounds. I'd turn off vibrate (not the one under silent settings) and change text tone to none. Then if you leave it on loud (not silent) it will just ring out. Texts will still come through but without sound and vibrate.

Rhys.

Last edited:
Just go to settings - sounds. I'd turn off vibrate (not the one under silent settings) and change text tone to none. Then if you leave it on loud (not silent) it will just ring out. Texts will still come through but without sound and vibrate.

Rhys.

Hi RD86

I am currently doing exactly that. What I am trying to achieve is during office hours I want to receive the audible notification of an SMS and during the night this must be silenced, I am not trying to be lazy but I am looking for an app that can do this automatically.

Hi RD86

I am currently doing exactly that. What I am trying to achieve is during office hours I want to receive the audible notification of an SMS and during the night this must be silenced, I am not trying to be lazy but I am looking for an app that can do this automatically.

Jailbreaking your device is needed to get it done that way, else there is no way.

Hi Bab2010, was is the exact name of the app on Cydia?

There are a few "Myprofiles, Lion profile, etc."

Hi Bab2010, was is the exact name of the app on Cydia?

There are a few "Myprofiles, Lion profile, etc."

MyProfile I was talking about. Sorry for the mis typing.

Had a look at MyProfile and while it looks great and has many features it wont do what I am looking for automatically, I still need to change profiles to activate night mode unless the profile kicks in automatically..