What's new

Is there a way to prevent outgoing calls?

flibgit

Reaction score
Hi there, first of all, I searched but didn't find anything so if there is a similar post somewhere, please point me to it and forgive my inept search skills.

I have an iphone 4s and sometimes I let my kids (2 and 3 years old) play games on it. It's handy when we're stuck in a waiting room or a doctor's appointment and they're out of patience. I mean, they're little kids and even I lose my patience at doctor offices.

However, they have a knack of calling people, or emailing people. Does anyone have any tips on how to prevent outgoing calls and how to prevent them from opening the mail program? I'm more concerned about them making calls but if there's a simple solution to the email issue as well, that'd be awesome.

Thanks!

Yes, that would work, but there's a 50-50 chance that the kids will choose the "disable" button when the popup saying "You must disable airplane mode to place a call."

Thank you for the response. I'll use that until I discover a better way. :)

Thanks, scifan! Never occurred to me that the iPhone would have guided access, also (as does the iPad). Nice to know...

Marilyn