What's new

Is there a jb for Iso 6?

MessiahJuni

Reaction score
If I upgrade to iso 6 on my iPhone 4, will I lose my jailbreak? Or is there a jail break for the 6.0 iso or will it be a while before its out? I'm wondering so I'll know what to do to keep my jailbreak

If I upgrade to iso 6 on my iPhone 4, will I lose my jailbreak? Or is there a jail break for the 6.0 iso or will it be a while before its out? I'm wondering so I'll know what to do to keep my jailbreak

There's no jailbreak for ios 6. So if you upgrade you will lose your jailbreak.

I understand that there is a tethered jailbreak for a4 devices running iOS 6 gm

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

I understand that there is a tethered jailbreak for a4 devices running iOS 6 gm
That is true... there will always be a TETHERED JB for A4 devices and earlier. This is due to a bootrom exploit that exists in the hardware... and does not use exploits in the iOS version. That's why people w/ an iPhone 4 or earlier will have that Tethered JB to fall back on... always.

Also worth noting that for the time being, not everything is working on the tethered IOS6 jailbreak, so don't expect all your favourite tweaks and themes to just work... It will likely take several weeks before we get updates to all the "core" stuff once IOS6 goes public.

New major versions of IOS6 are not normally good experiences for early adopter jailbreakers. Have patience.... :)

If someone wanted to start over the process when the iOS 6 comes out,will it stay with the same provider as I am in Canada & I am with Telus & what happens if I was to do a full system restore with the new iOS 6

Ya I think I'm gonna keep jailbreak and wait to get ios6 when a jailbreak exists for it. There are some really cool things in ios6 that I want. But a lot of things I'd lose if I updated it.

hudsonhawk78 said:
Ya I think I'm gonna keep jailbreak and wait to get ios6 when a jailbreak exists for it. There are some really cool things in ios6 that I want. But a lot of things I'd lose if I updated it.

Same here... Exactly same thing. But when we do the update, does all of our pictures & music & all settings stay in the phone? Or is there a certain settings to be added to secure all your stuff that's non JB?