What's new

Jailbreaking - Phone Constantly Bricked

f4af100uk

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My phone was on the latest 5.0.1 iso and baseband 05.16.05 but someone tried to jailbreak it to unlock it so they updated to baseband 6.15.00 but wouldnt authorise and it was saying no sim installed (even though there was).

So i tried to reset the phone on my computer which itunes wouldnt do anything.

So sinch i never had any blobs, i used tiny umbrella to see that it had 4.3 blobs so i installed 4.3 jailbroken software to which unbricked it and it now turns on (but just says searching/no service like there is no sim installed)

Im not bothered about updating to the new software i just want to be able to ring out on my phone etc.
Im stumped guys so any help with be most appreciated.

Last edited:
Since you now have the iPad baseband installed on your phone you are stuck with it. You must always update with a custom firmware from now on. redsn0w can create these on OSX, and sn0wbreeze can create them on Windows.

In order to unlock your iPad baseband you need to make sure the "person" installed unltrasn0w from Cydia. Double check that. You may just need to install that then you should have service again...

Just curious why anyone would want a ipad baseband on thier iphone?

Jmills87 said:
Because it is unlockable and you can update to it from ANY other baseband on an iPhone3G or 3Gs

But of course it has some disadvantages which folks should fully appreciate before they do it... ;)

Yes, as to why they WOULDNT want to do it: It permanently voids your warranty with Apple, you will have to restore with a custom firmware every time you restore, you will most likely lose GPS capabilities as well.