What's new

Is there a jailbreak for iOS 6 on the 4S???

gan777

Reaction score
sorry to sound like an idiot, but... I've been rooting Androids for years and am trying to help my brother jailbreak his iPhone 4S running iOS 6. I have searched everywhere and cannot find any clear information about how to do this. Everything seems like advertisements to try and get you to buy something or sign up for something. I even did a stupid survey to download redsn0w (0.9.15 and 0.9.15b3), which claimed to be able to jailbreak iOS 6 on the 4S. This just said not supported on the 4S yet.
Is there a jailbreak method for the 4S with iOS 6 yet? If so, where can one download it? And, why isn't there a "how to jailbreak your iPhone" thread (or if there is, why can't I find it)??
Thank you in advance to anyone who can offer any help!

Have tried looking/reading in the iPhone Hacking/Jailbreaking section...?

There are no jailbreaks for A5+ devices. When they're released, it'll be plastered all over iPForums, RedmondPie, DevTeam blog and Twitter spammed to name a few sources. NEVER buy or do surveys to download ANY jailbreaks. Don't fall for any scams. You can download RedSn0w directly from the dev team blog website. The Dev Team jailbreaks as a recreation, they don't accept donations nor do they ask users to pay.

We’ve seen some comments about you lovely people wanting to donate money to us. We’d just like to say that we DO NOT accept donations. There is no paypal account associated to us, there is no way to donate to us, we do this as a hobby and don’t want to be paid and we fund all of this ourselves and it works out just fine.Anyone who says “donate to DevTeam” in our name is lying, so don’t send them anything, you’ll just fund their crack habit.
Keep your dough for the lovely shiny Apple products, we think you’ll need it.
If you do want to send us something, please send a scan of a postcard from your city, handwrite a nice message scan it and sent it over to [email protected]
We prefer old fashioned courtesy over flashing animated location maps, we are simple like that. We’ll post the best ones on a page on the wiki.
Also if you are interested you can look at our favorite foods but again you can’t send us these!
/dev/null information here
First person to email us a scan of a postcard from their city will win a Kinder-Egg.

Source:Dev-Team Blog - Donations to /dev/null

If a jailbreak's not released by a "notorious" developer or if it's not acknowledged by them, chances are it's not real.

And yes, I searched the jailbreaking forums.