What's new

iphone 4s stuck in boot loop

homeyg10

Reaction score
hey i jailbroke my iphone 4s with absinte 2.0 yesterday and downloaded a cydia app called folders in folder and it caused my phone to be stuck in boot loops for hours and when it came back on i deleted the app and everything worked fine so today my mom took the phone to geek squad for them to help her with something called lock and wipe anyway they did something trying to remove the jailbreak and got it stuck in a boot loop again anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it

homeyg10 said:
hey i jailbroke my iphone 4s with absinte 2.0 yesterday and downloaded a cydia app called folders in folder and it caused my phone to be stuck in boot loops for hours and when it came back on i deleted the app and everything worked fine so today my mom took the phone to geek squad for them to help her with something called lock and wipe anyway they did something trying to remove the jailbreak and got it stuck in a boot loop again anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it

Geek squad worked on your phone? They actually tried fixing it in the store? I asked because they are NOT allowed to touch your iphone what so ever. They have to send it in or turn you away, end of story. If its stuck in a boot loop make them exchange it.

Geek squad was my 2nd job for 4 years until this past july. Our policy on phones was clear and simple... Send them in or dont do anything at all.

ya she either took it to geek squad or best buy mobile im not 100% sure

ya she either took it to geek squad or best buy mobile im not 100% sure

Well either way they cant touch it, it violates the apple agreement with the store. Im sure your gonna have to restore it but I would at least make them compensate me for the hassle. We had a guy rooting androids without anyone knowing at our store and when he screwed one up we replaced the phone and gave the customer a $50 gift card for the trouble. The guy lost hundreds of pictures of his late uncle and other family pictures. Amazingly he remained extremely calm. Our tech didnt touch another phone again.

But it definitely sounds like your gonna have to restore it and start from scratch.

Before you restore...try this if it help.
- Force boot to recovery (iTunes logo)
- When you plug to iTunes, will ask you to restore? Ignore it and kill iTunes.
- Run Blackrain
- Make it rain

Let's see if it can boot to home. If yes, backup and restore.

Let's us know if it help

Astrix said:
Before you restore...try this if it help.
- Force boot to recovery (iTunes logo)
- When you plug to iTunes, will ask you to restore? Ignore it and kill iTunes.
- Run Blackrain
- Make it rain

Let's see if it can boot to home. If yes, backup and restore.

Let's us know if it help

Just learned a new trick, thanks for that info. I coulda use this some weeks back. Hopefully it works for the OP.