What's new

Is the iPhone 4 good without data plan?

i have an iphone 4 and ive had an iphone 3gs and also a 2g, and i didnt not have any data at all. but i did it due to the fact everywhere i go their is wifi. home, college and work. at&t never once charged me extra for having an iphone and i dont think they know i have one either.

My mom is with AT&T and she had a non smart phone for a couple of years and instead of upgrading when her phone broke, she just used my old blackberry. Well after about 3 months AT&T bumped up her plan to a smart phone plan. So they are getting smart and charging you now. You'll notice on your AT&T account page that they will have a pic of the type of phone your using. So somehow they know.

My mom is with AT&T and she had a non smart phone for a couple of years and instead of upgrading when her phone broke, she just used my old blackberry. Well after about 3 months AT&T bumped up her plan to a smart phone plan. So they are getting smart and charging you now. You'll notice on your AT&T account page that they will have a pic of the type of phone your using. So somehow they know.

yeah i know what you mean about the account picture, but whenever i look at it it shows a sonyEricsson phone that i had like 6 or more years ago. after that phone i have used a htc smartphone, 2 blackberry, 3 iphones. and never have i been up-charged on my bill.