What's new

Is My iphone broken?

chrismoocarme

Reaction score
Hi all im new to the site due to having some problems with my iphone 4. Basically i got a new laptop at the same time the new IOS 5 came in, so i installed the new operating system onto my iphone through my new laptop. it worked for about a day then ran out of battery and wouldn't turn back on. On my iphone display the signal came up to plug my iphone into my itunes which i did, and my itunes told me that i have an iphone in recovery mode and i need to a restore and update. which i have done several times and has not done anything to the phone and its says that there is an unkown error (21).
I would go to an apple store but the nearest one is miles away.
I wondered if anybody could help me?it would be much appreciated.
thanks chris

tried that numerous times as i have four USB ports but still nothing, just keep coming up with the same problem. But thank you, any other ideas?

Try putting in DFU mode and boot kick with redsnow or tinyumbrella. I had to use both to get my iPhone 4 out of boot loop when I downgraded to 4.3.3 after hating iOS 5. I boot kicked, fixed and DFU moded a dozen times before it finally worked. Redsnow was the last thing I used on it. Hope that helps a bit