What's new

Lost iPhones broken Laptops & No contacts

Rodeo9094

Reaction score
hello all,

I have recently purchased my 2nd iphone 4 after losing my first (and stupidly not getting it insured..).
I have my contacts / apps backed up onto my laptop - which, of course, has now broken and needs formatting.
I can start the laptop in an extremely basic mode using a recovery disk and can actually get itunes open - but it will not recognise the phone
or play any music.. (although it does still show my music library and saved apps)
basically all i'm trying to get is get my contacts back onto my iphone - is there anyway of locating and transferring my backed up files
from my broken laptop to another computer and syncing it? or does anyone know where my contacts would be stored? or any other way around this?!

thank you in advance!

every time you plug your phone into itunes it would have backed it all up for you, unless you dont save the files on your computer that where on the iphone? try restore to a backup and also find my iphone is free on the iphone 4 i recommend installing that

the iphone is backed up, its just a matter of getting the data to my new iphone as my laptop is broken and will not recognise the iphone when its plugged into itunes!