What's new

Is my friend's iPhone4S fake?

zacharydansby

Reaction score
I first noticed his iPhone 4S is a bit lighter than mine. Then I noticed the space in between the top of the home button and the bottom of the screen is a bit wider than mine. Same thing at the top of his iPhone by the camera. He can still call people and listen to music. His iOS looks normal too. So wtf? Is his fake? Oh and I know his is a 4S too because he used Siri.

Without some pictures... or more information... that's impossible for us to tell. That dosen't go without saying, though, that there are some clever fakes out there.

Plug it into RedSn0w and use the identify function to see. There are some clever fakes I agree, but sometimes it might be a bad mod from an experienced cosmetician. You'd need a software AND a hardware comparison in order to really place a verdict

I know. :( I'd get a picture but he keeps a case on it and doesnt want to take it off. He did once and I saw the back and nothing looked weird. Only had a glimpse of it though. Thanks for the reply :) let me know if you find any info on fake devices. maybe his is defective?

Edit: I'll get a pic tuesday

I know. :( I'd get a picture but he keeps a case on it and doesnt want to take it off. He did once and I saw the back and nothing looked weird. Only had a glimpse of it though. Thanks for the reply :) let me know if you find any info on fake devices. maybe his is defective?

Well that's the idea, we need to have his device at hand to be able to tell. I'd take a guess that it's cosmetics but it might be a bad batch? Or from a different factory or something. You can also tell by measuring the edges and lines on the side. And if he's jailbroken, he could've gotten the Siri mock up from Cydia.

I do think it should be noted, though. Please don't create a big ordeal about this w/ your friend... just because you think his iPhone is fake. When it comes down and it truly is fake... as long as your friend is happy with it that's all that matters.

I do think it should be noted, though. Please don't create a big ordeal about this w/ your friend... just because you think his iPhone is fake. When it comes down and it truly is fake... as long as your friend is happy with it that's all that matters.

How dare you Justin!!! It's a matter of profiting the capitalists that runs this world. Without that legit 4S being bought it would've been the end of the world!!!!

Just kidding. Well it's up to the buyer really. I know a few people with a myPhone, which is a fake 3GS. It works fine but it is buggy sometimes, but he's happy with it. As long as it serves the purpose of the owner, it's fine really regardless of if it's real or fake. Obviously if it's a real one, it'll be easier to troubleshoot maybe

Last edited by a moderator:
Will be interesting to find out though!

Surely if it's got Siri, it can't be fake. But hey, I could be wrong. It is possible as you can get an iPhone launcher on Android that makes the phone run like the ios on an iPhone. He could be running that. Still not sure how he would get Siri on there though.

Saw some fakes being sold on ebay... same body but has android... haha

Sent using Tapatalk

That is pretty impressive if you can't tell if its a fake by looking or feeling out the software.

I agree if he's happy w his phone i would just ignore it. He may know its fake and be embarrassed for all is possible :(
It sounds like it is... You can tell cause all I mean all iPhones have same weight height and look. Ive never seen a bigger one or smaller one or a lighter one lol they are all the same!