What's new

Is it worth to jailbreak?

honestmuggle

Reaction score
It has been around 5 month already when i bought iphone 4. And i am really enjoying my phone very much.
I haven't jailbreak my iphone yet. I am using it genuinely and buy apps through app store.

Some of my friends hv jailbreak their phone and using some cool feature. They also suggest me to do it. But i am quit confuse whether should i jailbreak or use my phone normal.
Some peoples say dont jailbreak coz it affect your security things and also other software issue and affect warranty as well.

I wanted to know should i jailbreak or not?
Do i get more cool feature if i jailbreak?
I no need to buy apps from appstore?

What you guys will suggest me i will do.

Thank you :)

Sent from my iPhone

While there are many members here who will jump right in and say Jailbreaking is the way to go... there are other who will avidly preach to stay away from Jailbreaking. It comes down to a matter of necessity and want.... do you need your iPhone to do more than it's capable of now? Do you want to customize the appearance of your icons and/or springboard? Here's a couple threads that might help make things clearer for you... http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/hacking-tutorials-guides-68/what-jailbreaking-15928/ | http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/thinking-jailbreaking-but-not-sure-13086/

Thomasjtsi said:
While there are many members here who will jump right in and say Jailbreaking is the way to go... there are other who will avidly preach to stay away from Jailbreaking. It comes down to a matter of necessity and want.... do you need your iPhone to do more than it's capable of now? Do you want to customize the appearance of your icons and/or springboard? Here's a couple threads that might help make things clearer for you... http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/hacking-tutorials-guides-68/what-jailbreaking-15928/ | http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/thinking-jailbreaking-but-not-sure-13086/

Many thanks i will read it... :)

Sent from my iPhone

if i jailbreak mine can I do things that are normally a pain in the ass but much easier? It's almost impossible to upload a file to an email using the defaul email client. I have about five or six email accounts I have fixed to my iphone but I cannot find a "attach file" icon or option anywhere, even when I hit reply! This is very annoying and it seems like it should be a simple feature, especially having switched from android.
I had to copy the persons email, because they werent a contact yet, from the original email than go into my pic folder and go to send email than I couldn't even paste the email in the "to:" section, I had to past it into the body than retype it up top. very very fail, and I hate using it in that way but what a big inconvenience! So can I do simple things like that if I JB?

Last edited by a moderator:
if i jailbreak mine can I do things that are normally a pain in the ass but much easier? It's almost impossible to upload a file to an email using the defaul email client. I have about five or six email accounts I have fixed to my iphone but I cannot find a "attach file" icon or option anywhere, even when I hit reply! This is very annoying and it seems like it should be a simple feature, especially having switched from android.
I had to copy the persons email, because they werent a contact yet, from the original email than go into my pic folder and go to send email than I couldn't even paste the email in the "to:" section, I had to past it into the body than retype it up top. very very fail, and I hate using it in that way but what a big inconvenience! So can I do simple things like that if I JB?
@kidmanmakino

I email attachments all the time with ifile. An application only available to jailbroken iPhones.

@kidmanmakino

Yes. There is a Cydia tweak called AnyAttach ($1.99, USD) that allows you to attach, well, anything to an e-mail. Very handy tweak, IMHO.

And that's just one "improvement" you can make to the iPhone operating system....

Marilyn

I don't mean to be a cheapskate here but is there a a free way to add attachments? i mean this shouldn't be some special trick you know?
Guess that makes up my mind on if I wanna jailbreak it or not, that's gonna be my new project...will it work if you upgrade the software? I haven't gotten 5.1 yet
also wish i could get rid of the annoying numbers on the icons sometimes, I don't wanna always update aps or check facebook to see who commented on what but havin the number there bugs me still.
thanks again

Voidchaser said:
I don't mean to be a cheapskate here but is there a a free way to add attachments? i mean this shouldn't be some special trick you know?
Guess that makes up my mind on if I wanna jailbreak it or not, that's gonna be my new project...will it work if you upgrade the software? I haven't gotten 5.1 yet
also wish i could get rid of the annoying numbers on the icons sometimes, I don't wanna always update aps or check facebook to see who commented on what but havin the number there bugs me still.
thanks again

Pretty much any kind of improving you can think of....you can get from Cydia. Including getting rid of badges on app icons. you an email attachments through iFile, without buying AnyAttach, but iFile cost $5 but is more than worth it, as the list of useful functions iFile provides is endless. Every iPhone user who jailbreak should buy iFile. It is a 100% guarantee that you will not regret it...and it can get you out of certain problems too.

Do not update to 5.1. I mean you can if you want, but there is only a tethered jailbreak, and I assure you, while its actually not that bad....that you don't want it.

is ifile like a singular fix or would I have to go through extra measures? or simply is it a tool to create the customable UI I've been wanting?

Voidchaser said:
is ifile like a singular fix or would I have to go through extra measures? or simply is it a tool to create the customable UI I've been wanting?

iFile has one purposes and that is to gain access to your entire iPhones file system. All the iPhones guts and files that make everything work are located in there. It is not a singular "fix" it's just access to the raw file system.

And you cannot exactly "create" a custom UI. You can create a custom UI by any other means, such as downloading themes, or just custom UI images, or create then yourself with a photo editing tool. But you would just use SSH to drag the UI into the phones files system.

That is basically what iFile is. It is SSH, except it is rite from the device from the iFile application.

Last edited: