What's new

Is it "too late" to get an iPhone 4

whitneykline

Reaction score
I am going to switch over from a Verizon Android Samsung Fascinate to an AT&T or Verizon iPhone 4. I did not get along with my Samsung Fascinate at all and really love the way the iPhone feels and I can text on it so accurately. I recently sold my Samsung Fascinate and am really wanting a new phone ASAP. Would it be completely irrelevant for me to upgrade now or try and hold out for the iPhone 5..whenever that will be. Another question, would you suggest AT&T or Verizon? Both require a 2 year contract, correct? Thanks!

Yes, you will need a contract on each, but it depends how much data you plan on using. Verizon currently offers the unlimited plan, and generally better coverage, but AT&T wins when it comes to speed more often than not.

Now, it all depends on you lol if you love, not like, the iPhone 4 now, I say go for it. Everyone and their mother is expecting a huge revolutionary upgrade for the iPhone 5, but really all I see it getting is a dual core processor and more ram, and maybe a 64GB version.

So I say if you really love it, go for it. I did, went from a droid to the iPhone, and I love it. So good luck on deciding, let us know what you do!!

This is a great phone, there was no way I was waiting for the next iPhone, were still not even sure about when the iPhone 5 will be launched on Verizon, lots of assumptions and rumors..

As Yak just said, were not even sure how revolutionary the next iPhone will be, in other words will it be worth the wait?

If for some reason I have to have the iPhone 5, I will sell my iPhone 4, I'm sure Verizon/Apple will offer some discount for current iPhone 4 users and then buy iPhone 5 for retail...

I've owned all the latest, greatest phones and the iPhone is the best, most stable phone I've owned!

Iphone 4 now. No need to wait for the 5 actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everybody. Another question is, what is the deal with the hotspot on verizon? You have to pay another $20 on top of the data plan?

Thanks everybody. Another question is, what is the deal with the hotspot on verizon? You have to pay another $20 on top of the data plan?

Or, if jailbreaking is in your future you can get mywi for $20. It's a one time payment that does what the hotspur feature does, but takes it off of your data plan, so you don't need the extra monthly fee for hotspotting. I just bought it and love it lol

This is a great phone, there was no way I was waiting for the next iPhone, were still not even sure about when the iPhone 5 will be launched on Verizon, lots of assumptions and rumors..

As Yak just said, were not even sure how revolutionary the next iPhone will be, in other words will it be worth the wait?

If for some reason I have to have the iPhone 5, I will sell my iPhone 4, I'm sure Verizon/Apple will offer some discount for current iPhone 4 users and then buy iPhone 5 for retail...

I've owned all the latest, greatest phones and the iPhone is the best, most stable phone I've owned!

Me too like you and many other member , i didn't see any reasonnable reason to wait iPhone 5 or change my iPhone4 , the only one point is too many people have this mobile ... but i have find the solution with one of the products we manufacture

Everyone and their mother is expecting a huge revolutionary upgrade for the iPhone 5, but really all I see it getting is a dual core processor and more ram, and maybe a 64GB version.

Right, a dual core processor, more ram, and 64GB storage is a not revolutionary improvement, those would be standard evolutionary increments to the iPhone 5. The average day to day user wouldn't experience a difference between the iPhone 4 & 5 with that subtle difference in internal hardware. Revolutionary would be going from the current iPhone 4 configuration to quad core, 8GB RAM, and 1TB storage. There was nothing revolutionary about the new iPad2 compared to the iPad 1st gen. A revolutionary improvement to the Ipad would have been a Retina display. I was disappointed with the "new features" of the iPad 2 and won't be buying one.

Last edited:
Looking at the leaked pics if the front of the new iPhone it looks to be the same or very similar form to the 4 and so most people wouldn't know the difference between the two off a casual look.

I'd say go with the 4 now.

Yeah i think 4 is probably the biggest jump we will see for a while. The biggest thing is probably the screen. Some people now think its small bit its still the best looking screen in the game. Not likely to change on the next phone. Its plenty powerful too. I think its going to still be relevant in the near future. It was a game changer a tad over a half year ago lets give this perspective. That said you never are totally sure whats next with Apple. Don't get mad at me if iPhone5 is bad ass. I was told to wait for 4 as I was going to get a 3gs and I am glad I did. Release date will be here before you know it.

The 4 was a revolutionary device. Most "experts" indicate this year to be an "in between" year for the iPhone meaning evolutionary, not revolutionary. Most would agree on a dual core processor and a 64gb model. 4g is a big question mark though a lot of material I've read suggests the negative on that.

I went and bought 2 iPhone 4s from Verizon this past week and couldn't be happier. And if the 5 is that much better I will find a way to buy one when the time comes. It's only money. We make more.

Think the jump from 5 to 6 would be bigger step technology wise, just as the jump from 3GS to 4 was.