What's new

Ipone 4 S replacing glas and LCD

JohannesRP

Reaction score
Hello from Germany

My phone has some scratches on the glass. Everything works find but I’m thinking about replacing the unit.

From ebay I would only get the glass and the LCD as one part = but only the glass (touch) is broken.

Is there really only one way – drawing the old working LCD in the basket?

Even with ipod touch 4 G glass replacment this would be the same or?

I appreciate your feedback.

BR from Germany

Johannes

I know this isn't the answer you want to hear but I'd send it to Apple. (As I'm sure you can call them....) but I would tell them about it. It would be a little bit of cash but having it done professionally would be better then doing it by yourself. Just my opinion.

Sent from my  iPhone 4 using iPF.net App available in the App Store

Unfortunately there's not really an effective way to replace the screen seperate from the LCD underneath. I would recommend, however, purchasing your parts from a legit supplier that offers a warranty on ALL items. Check out iFixit.com.

Really though... for the OP, remember that you get what you pay for. It may work for a little while but, it won't last as long or be any where near the quality of an OEM piece that you'll pay a little more for.

Really though... for the OP, remember that you get what you pay for. It may work for a little while but, it won't last as long or be any where near the quality of an OEM piece that you'll pay a little more for.

This is 100% correct spend a few more dollars and get the real thing.