What's new

Ipone 4 S replacing glas and LCD

JohannesRP

Reaction score
Hello from Germany

My phone has some scratches on the glass. Everything works find but I’m thinking about replacing the unit.

From ebay I would only get the glass and the LCD as one part = but only the glass (touch) is broken.

Is there really only one way – drawing the old working LCD in the basket?

Even with ipod touch 4 G glass replacment this would be the same or?

I appreciate your feedback.

BR from Germany

Johannes

Karin

Reaction score
I know this isn't the answer you want to hear but I'd send it to Apple. (As I'm sure you can call them....) but I would tell them about it. It would be a little bit of cash but having it done professionally would be better then doing it by yourself. Just my opinion.

Sent from my  iPhone 4 using iPF.net App available in the App Store

Thomasjtsi

Reaction score
Unfortunately there's not really an effective way to replace the screen seperate from the LCD underneath. I would recommend, however, purchasing your parts from a legit supplier that offers a warranty on ALL items. Check out iFixit.com.

Thomasjtsi

Reaction score
Dont buy it from ebay go to ifixit and get an OEM replacement.
Eddie... we should be getting kick backs for all the iFixit.com references we make. LOL!!!! I feel a business venture email coming on... :-D

Thomasjtsi

Reaction score
Really though... for the OP, remember that you get what you pay for. It may work for a little while but, it won't last as long or be any where near the quality of an OEM piece that you'll pay a little more for.

eddieg

Reaction score
Really though... for the OP, remember that you get what you pay for. It may work for a little while but, it won't last as long or be any where near the quality of an OEM piece that you'll pay a little more for.

This is 100% correct spend a few more dollars and get the real thing.