What's new

A question about where to get good replacement parts

Dford302

Reaction score
I had gotten a broken iPhone 3GS that I was going to repair and give to my girl friend . I had ordered the LCD and the digitizer from zeetron.com . Now the LCD works great . The digitizer I received from them however only worked good at random and most of the time either had dead spots or just didn't work at all. Also their screwdriver wasn't even the right size and caused me to lose a screw for the frame to LCD attachment . Anyways my question , is where can I get a good quality replacement glass digitizer , a new screw set and the suction cup tool since I need to send it all back to zeetron .

Dford302 said:
I had gotten a broken iPhone 3GS that I was going to repair and give to my girl friend . I had ordered the LCD and the digitizer from zeetron.com . Now the LCD works great . The digitizer I received from them however only worked good at random and most of the time either had dead spots or just didn't work at all. Also their screwdriver wasn't even the right size and caused me to lose a screw for the frame to LCD attachment . Anyways my question , is where can I get a good quality replacement glass digitizer , a new screw set and the suction cup tool since I need to send it all back to zeetron .

Ebay

Sent from my 64gb iPad

OneMarcil said:
Ebay

Sent from my 64gb iPad

Be very careful purchasing replacement parts from eBay. Most are cheap knockoffs. I always suggest iFixit.com for replacement parts. They're a bit pricey but you'll get genuine OEM parts, warranty & great customer service!!

Thomasjtsi said:
Be very careful purchasing replacement parts from eBay. Most are cheap knockoffs. I always suggest iFixit.com for replacement parts. They're a bit pricey but you'll get genuine OEM parts, warranty & great customer service!!

I always purchase from sellers that have 98 to 100 percent positive feedback.

Sent from my 64gb iPad

OneMarcil said:
I always purchase from sellers that have 98 to 100 percent positive feedback.

Sent from my 64gb iPad

Absolutely... same here. Only issue is that doesn't guarantee the quality (in Apple standards) of their replacement parts. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking eBay. Just that there's A LOT of cheapo knockoff parts floating around.

Thomasjtsi said:
Absolutely... same here. Only issue is that doesn't guarantee the quality (in Apple standards) of their replacement parts. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking eBay. Just that there's A LOT of cheapo knockoff parts floating around.

Then I would return the said item whatever it may be through eBays Buyer Protection Plan.

Sent from my 64gb iPad

I had a shattered screen, and I have looked at all the sellers that have 98% + feedback, but I look at their negative feedback and all of them are for non-functioning LCD's and digitizers. I bought one off of Amazon.com that worked great!

I've used E-tech.com, for a battery, and also an LCD. No problems, everything worked fine.

I had a great experience with getting high quality, reasonably price iphone parts at a website - they ship fast and include a step-by-step repair guide. I was able to repair the screen on my iPhone 4 in just 20 minutes. These guys saved me a bunch of money. :phone: