What's new

iphones stop working when i get home?

cadman33619

Reaction score
Hi all...i can't explain this. it seems my 3G and my wife's 3Gs stop working (for phone calls) as we get close to the house. they dont work at all at home. this started this past saturday. if we make calls with them we cant hear anything. its like the earpiece and mic just stop working altogether. i've tried inserting headphone jacks several times to see if that would solve it but it did not. when we leave the house and get about a minute up the road they start working again. we've never had this issue until this past saturday.

any ideas what it could be?

first my wife called t-mo and they told her to do an ERASE ALL on her phone and then set up as new in itunes. "big mistake" because our phones are jailbroken. after the erase all....i cant jailbreak it. been trying for hours and hours. (mine has not been touched).

it seems like theres something at hime causing this but nothing at home has changed.

please help me figure this out.

thanks

cadman

Only thing i can think off its that there a s signal that its disturbing the network around your house

yea that was my first thought....today i'm gonna diable my wifi t home and see. but i don't think that could be it because nothing has changed with my wifi at home....and its never happened in the years i've had it.

Any new HAM operators put up big antennas next door or close by?? You might check with local code enforcers to see if anything new has been installed in your area.