What's new

iPhone's Messages question

azoreseuropa

Reaction score
When I click Green Icon "Messages" and I turn my iPhone 6 PLUS to sideways instead of upward and I got like this:

EDIT MESSAGE PAD with pencil icon on the left side and a person name on the center and on the right is Details.

I do not like it. Is there a way I can check the settings to have removed the annoying on the left side ?

I google it and found this:

320858-1eb0e7f4-384f-11e4-8c2d-d7bb5a31a70d.jpg

See the left side and right side ? How do I get rid of left side ? Its annoying. That's why I have to use upward instead but I rather to use sideways for FULL MESSAGE. That's my way. :)

Thanks.

Afaik it's not possible to select a different view. It changes to split screen automatically, and there's no setting to prevent it.

I see. Hmm.. There must be a way to do this. For Safari, there was a split screen also but you can change it to one full screen by click blue BOOK icon highlight to white highlight it.

That are the bookmarks, and they can be removed easily.

Message works like the app on the iPad, and there's nothing you can do to remove the conversations at the left, except for holding it in portrait mode. There's no such thing as a book icon or Edit to get rid of them.

When I click Green Icon "Messages" and I turn my iPhone 6 PLUS to sideways instead of upward and I got like this:

EDIT MESSAGE PAD with pencil icon on the left side and a person name on the center and on the right is Details.

I do not like it. Is there a way I can check the settings to have removed the annoying on the left side ?

I google it and found this:

320858-1eb0e7f4-384f-11e4-8c2d-d7bb5a31a70d.jpg

See the left side and right side ? How do I get rid of left side ? Its annoying. That's why I have to use upward instead but I rather to use sideways for FULL MESSAGE. That's my way. :)

Thanks.
Set the phone to zoom mode and it will look the way it's supposed to

Yeah, I already know that but it is not getting rid of the left side for one full screen message instead of side split. :)

If you go into settings>Display and brightness>Display zoom>view and place that on zoomed it will not display in the split screen format. I think that is what is what you are trying to fix.

Yeah.. I did and no effected but you forgot one thing: You have to click "SET" after changed from standard to zoom. It will restarting itself. Voila! Now, it's working but you cannot change to sideways for all apps if you want to. Only STANDARD works for sideways with all apps including split screen. That's okay. I want it anyway. Thanks, 03hfatboy and bear7962.

J.A, it can be done. It works! :D

It's only an iPhone 6 plus thing so not everyone has played with it yet. On mine all my apps work sideways except for flipboard which never did so obviously the app was written to display in portrait.

Last edited:
Yeah, I forgot that its for iPhone 6 plus with apps on the sideways. :)