What's new

Send or Forward Text Message to Email Address

retexan599

Reaction score
I want to be able to send a received text message to an email address. This what follows is typical of advice I see on web sites about this:
  1. "Open Messages, and open the thread with the message you want to forward.
  2. Tap and hold the message until a pop-up appears. Tap More… at the bottom of the screen.
  3. Tap the round checkbox next to each message you want to forward.
  4. Tap the arrow in the lower right corner.
  5. Enter the “To” email address you want to forward to
  6. Tap the send arrow that’s on the right side of the message to send and that’s it"
However, when I attempt this procedure, it does not send the message to the email address, but to another text Message addressed to myself. So, what I am looking for is a way to send an iPhone text message to an email address. Can anyone help? Thanks.

As far as I’ve seen, these instructions are meant to send an email to yourself.

Instead of selecting “More”, just copy the text, go to your preferred app (Mail/Gmail/Outlook/...), paste the message there and send it.
I haven’t found another way to do this yet.

As far as I’ve seen, these instructions are meant to send an email to yourself.

Instead of selecting “More”, just copy the text, go to your preferred app (Mail/Gmail/Outlook/...), paste the message there and send it.
I haven’t found another way to do this yet.
The email address I was using was my own email, but it still did not work. I suspect you are correct, one has to copy and paste the text into another email type app.