What's new

iPhone5 Volume

joejim

Reaction score
I have significant high frequency hearing loss and wonder how the volume is on the iPhone5? Tried a friends iPhone4 about a year ago and found the phone volume not adequate for my needs. Currently using a Samsung slide phone and found it's volume a lot louder than the 4's. Would anyone know if there is any volume difference between the 4 and the 5?

Sorry can you shout a little louder, cant hear as my iphone 5 is ringing !!

I wasn't sure if you meant the ringer or the music player but the music player is definitely quieter on the iPhone 5 than it is on the 4s (UK).

I'm kinda losing my hearing and I find none of the stock ringer tones on the five are loud enough for me to hear well. My old Droid gave me a choice of several tones of which I found one that really "shrieked" and I NEVER missed hearing that one! Anyone around me when it rang immediately covered their ears! ;) Wish it was available for the five! Is it possible to find louder ring tones somewhere? I'm not talking about songs.. :)

And if the OP is asking about the "in-call" volume of a person calling in - yes - my iPhone5 is much louder than my Droid was for speech. This I am very thankful for! Sorry I can't compare it to the 4 since I never owned an iPhone before this five.. But I can vouch it's more than sufficient volume to hear a person very well.

A side note - when I place a call and turn on "speakerphone", it is very difficult to hear the outgoing ringer tones. But when the called party responds to the call that I can hear well. Yet, when not on speakerphone - I can hear the outgoing "ringer" tones with no problem. Not sure why the speakerphone kinda mutes those..

I'm kinda losing my hearing and I find none of the stock ringer tones on the five are loud enough for me to hear well. My old Droid gave me a choice of several tones of which I found one that really "shrieked" and I NEVER missed hearing that one! Anyone around me when it rang immediately covered their ears! ;) Wish it was available for the five! Is it possible to find louder ring tones somewhere? I'm not talking about songs.. :)

And if the OP is asking about the "in-call" volume of a person calling in - yes - my iPhone5 is much louder than my Droid was for speech. This I am very thankful for! Sorry I can't compare it to the 4 since I never owned an iPhone before this five.. But I can vouch it's more than sufficient volume to hear a person very well.

A side note - when I place a call and turn on "speakerphone", it is very difficult to hear the outgoing ringer tones. But when the called party responds to the call that I can hear well. Yet, when not on speakerphone - I can hear the outgoing "ringer" tones with no problem. Not sure why the speakerphone kinda mutes those..

If you still have the Droid, you can pull the ringtone and convert it to the M4A format needed by Apple then install it thru iTunes. There are probably a good dozen or so threads on this site about how to do it.

Thanks for all the positive replies. I was able to try a phone out at the local dealer and found the talk volume to be good.

Drank the Kool Aid and pulled the trigger. :)

Hope it was Grape and Orange mixed together. Best kool-aid flavor for a long day of iPhoneing.