What's new

iPhone4S - Recieved DOA.

NickC

Reaction score
So this is my story... Went to Verizon to get my first ever Apple product/iPhone. The Verizon guy ordered it and everything. So today, I got a call from Verizon, phone was here, and he told me to stop by. So I go in, he turns on the iPhone, activates it, verifys my new phone number and serial number matches..whatever they do there, etc etc. Shortly after activating it, it shuts off, he trys everything to get it to work. Not able to get it working after 10 minutes we call Apple, after about 30 minutes of talking to apple, the Verizon guy said they wanted to talk to myself. Long-story short about the support call, I was transferred to 6 different people in 4 different departments, and they insisted on me sending in the iPhone, which I never had in my possession, I never touched it, only the Verizon guy did, they till insisted, never once did I get mad, they eventually hung up on me, after I and the Verizon guy requested that they send a brand new one, they hung up, never called back.

So then, Verizon guy calls Corporate, then gets them to send me a new iPhone and + I get $60 of accessories for the phone. Spent 5 hours in the Verizon store, had the first and worst ever experience with Apple, hopefully the iPhone makes up for it. Sucks that I've had to wait 2 weeks now :p I'm still pondering the idea of emailing/writing a letter to Apple on my experience, what do you guys think?

So what I'm getting at; Has anyone else gotten a DOA iPhone4S recently?

i would defiantly write a letter to Apple Corporate since this is not the 1st case of this i have heard of. My best friend is a store manager for a corporate Verizon Wireless store and according to him this happens several times a week so you are defiantly not alone.

now wether or not you will actually hear anything back is a whole nother question. honestly i doubt you will ever hear anything back but its worth a shot.

Yeah, would be nice if they sent something for 4 hours on the phone to have the lady hang up on me!!! But with these big companies they wouldn't do that, but I will most definitely be sending a letter.

Mine wasn't the 4s but the 4..... Spent almost 2hrs on the phone with verizon and they took care of everything... Kinda stinks that you have to go through all the bs before they will issue you a new phone...

Seriously!!! If your phone statics and earbuds have a short in them, how is a factory restore going to fix it????