What's new

Was Verizon Fair?

Did Verizon Treat Me Fairly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It seems as if they've spent more time, effort and money into stonewalling you than it would have cost to simply replace your phone. Maybe they think that if they keep asking you to jump through enough hoops for them, you'll tire of the process and go quietly away. Some companies just don't like customers who insist on standing up for their rights. I hope you manage to make them see the error of their ways.

Very well written scifan. I agree 100%. I've had a customer service whirlwind with Verizon in the past myself.
Back when the Verizon iPhone 4 was releasing, Verizon was insisting that I couldn't use my upgrade on this phone (why, I have no idea), but it took me 1 week of phone calls with rep after rep.

Finally, I've had enough of Verizon's "shenanigans". I told the rep I was on the phone with to transfer me to their supervisor. After that supervisor insisted on arguing with me, I demanded to speak to their boss. Well, after speaking with this Verizon employee, they finally dug into my account and realized there was an error in their systems and gave me my upgrade plus $50 off my next bill for my troubles.

It was ridiculous that I had to go to such great links to solve a seemingly simple issue, but perseverance paid off and the end result was very rewarding.

Phil, keep badgering them until they give you the service you deserve. They work for you. Not the other way around. :)

That's definitely what it looks like!!!

Very well written scifan. I agree 100%. I've had a customer service whirlwind with Verizon in the past myself.
Back when the Verizon iPhone 4 was releasing, Verizon was insisting that I couldn't use my upgrade on this phone (why, I have no idea), but it took me 1 week of phone calls with rep after rep.

Finally, I've had enough of Verizon's "shenanigans". I told the rep I was on the phone with to transfer me to their supervisor. After that supervisor insisted on arguing with me, I demanded to speak to their boss. Well, after speaking with this Verizon employee, they finally dug into my account and realized there was an error in their systems and gave me my upgrade plus $50 off my next bill for my troubles.

It was ridiculous that I had to go to such great links to solve a seemingly simple issue, but perseverance paid off and the end result was very rewarding.

Phil, keep badgering them until they give you the service you deserve. They work for you. Not the other way around. :)

During the weekend I got the name of the V.P. for Midwest Customer Service and sent a letter out in detail about my experiences and everybody who I came into contact with has their name on it.

At 7:15 this morning I had already sent an email via customer service to my rep saying I needed to talk to her, please do not just send me a text. I'm going to call again soon as that was an hour and a half ago and still nothing back from her.

Matter of fact I will send the next email to her Supervisor. When I get her on the phone and listen to her excuses then I will ask for this to be escalated to her AD. I'm not going to go another week around on this.

Thanks for the encouragement, I will keep on them until they do the right thing.

As I mentioned I sent a letter to Joan T. Bowyer who is V.P. of Midwest Customer Service. I just got off the phone with a woman named Tammy from the Executive Office. She apologized for all I have gone through. She thanked me for the detailed letter I had sent her of everyone I had spoken to, times, dates, names, extensions and said tat every one of those people will be contacted about the way this handled.

She said the quickest thing to do is send out a refurb. I agreed to this because first I just want to get it resolved somehow and as I suspected the majority of phones being turned in are by people who simply didn't like the iPhone. While I was on line with her she tried to overnight one to me. But she couldn't find one.

She said she knows that there are warehouses that do stock them and asked if I could give her 1 day. I said fine, but please make sure it happens by tomorrow and oh by the way, I'll take a brand new iPhone as well. She said it will be resolved by tomorrow. She informed me that if anyone else contacts me about this matter to tell them that executive offices is handling them now.

I can't wait until they get hold of the guy who told me he had to listen to the tape and that the one area had the right to refuse to release that tape. His behind will be in a sling. And he deserves it.

I will follow up tomorrow with what the final outcome is but at least there is now a light at the tunnel. I don't know if I mentioned it but the way to find out who the big shots are is simply Google Verizon Executives. It's that simple.

I just got a call from Tammy executive offices. My replacement phone is being overnighted to me and I will receive it tomorrow. I told her she gets a virtual hug.

I have always said Verizon had the best service, I was amazed at what happened here. But I stuck to my guns and with the help of Google I got to the right person.

Just before she called I got a text from the rep that was working with me saying they were still waiting on a decision. Tammy is going to send an email to her to let her know it's resolved.

Got to go grocery store. I usually do that on Tuesday, but I'll be waiting on something a bit more important tomorrow. :)

hookbill said:
I just got a call from Tammy executive offices. My replacement phone is being overnighted to me and I will receive it tomorrow. I told her she gets a virtual hug.

I have always said Verizon had the best service, I was amazed at what happened here. But I stuck to my guns and with the help of Google I got to the right person.

Just before she called I got a text from the rep that was working with me saying they were still waiting on a decision. Tammy is going to send an email to her to let her know it's resolved.

Got to go grocery store. I usually do that on Tuesday, but I'll be waiting on something a bit more important tomorrow. :)

I'm glad it worked out all right for you. You should never have had to go through what you were put through in order to get your replacement phone.

Good to hear that your issue got resolved, Hook!

Yeah, good stuff. A lesson indeed for Verizon, but a more important one for the humble consumer. You don't have to take their crap.

Kudos for sticking to your guns, Hook.

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

This thread has just reminded me of one of my first experiences of cellphones.

I wish I'd been able to read it then. I bought a phone from one of the suppliers at astronomical cost (this was when cell phones were brand new) and ran it for a year with no problems, apart from a broken antenna. When the contract was up, I chopped it in for the latest and greatest, two line display, caller display (wow) and took off to Morocco.

The phone lasted about three days. The display went blank, and refused to turn on. First thing I did on returning home was to take it into the store. They relieved me of my phone, and about three weeks later, after numerous phone calls to inquire as to the whereabouts of my phone, I was told "Water damage. Your problem." Apart from a couple of ferry trips across the English Channel and the Straits of Gibraltar, the damned thing hadn't seen water, and it was about 40° Celcius in Spain and Morocco. I called BS, but the cell phone gods had spoken. They offered to sell me another phone at even more astronomical cost. I told them to sod off and put my SIM back into my old phone, which I kept until I left Blighty. Needless to say, Hook's story has warmed me up. It's a different company, but the same BS, and I for one am happy to see a positive outcome for the consumer.

I have to say, though. Telus, in Alberta, have been great. I originally had a piece of junk courtesy of HTC. It broke. They changed it without comment for the same model. That one broke. I took it back and said no more. Gimme an iPhone. Happy now.

I may have to start another poll. It's on the truck out for delivery now but what if it's not a white one? Would I go back and say, sorry, wrong color lets try again?

lol, I don't think it will be, the color is in the model number so I fully expect it to be white.

12:30 est is about when FedEx shows up, hopefully I'll know by then. Thanks guys for supporting and encouraging me to push forward. As Billy Joel says, Don't take any sh*t from anyone. I hope the mods allow that.

In this case, hook, I'd say its probably good advice.

No I have verizon right now and they suck!

I've been with them for over 10 years and I think they have some of the best customer service anywhere. I don't know what happened this one time. Maybe it was because they have to deal with Apple? Who knows.

Sorry to hear you're having a bad experience with them.

Glad it worked out for you! I think Verizon should have stepped up long before this. I had Verizon about 20 years ago and had bad customer service then. I swore I would never go back and never have.
I was on Tmobile for over 10 years and they had great customer service. I just got tired of jailbreaking and unlocking and having slower speeds. After the merger fell through I jumped to AT&T when My contract was up. Hopefully I will like them.