What's new

Iphone4 stopped working

marnoldi

Reaction score
it was fully charged last night, when i tried using it this morning it would not power up. i charged it again for 7hrs , nothing doing - the hard reset (press home & on switch together did also not work. i connected to Itunes & did not recognize my phone - pretty bad as i had the phone only for 1 week. Anyone have a similar problem ?

**After this step you will havetoo re-load the OS thru iTunes**

To put the iPhone into DFU mode so you can do an iTunes firmware restore follow these steps:

Step One
Open iTunes and connect the iPhone to your Mac.

Step Two
Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.

Step Three
After exactly 10 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until you iTunes pops up a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

The iPhone screen will remain black.

NOTE***: It may take a few attempts to get your iPhone into DFU mode. Generally, I hold down both buttons then release the Home button just before I think the Apple logo would appear. If you are still holding both buttons down and you see the Apple logo you are holding them down for too long!

Another step learned Thanks D Boy. So did it work Marnoldi???

U Mods should put all these kind's of Helpful info on a Sticky for Trouble Shooting.

Why not just take it back and get a new one?
You said it's only been 1 week.
I think they will have you give you new one within 1 month... right?

Yes. You have a 1yr Warranty. Correct me if I'm wrong

Sure, but if it's just a glitch in the firmware why go to all the trouble of returning it when you havetoo restore anyway? These are steps an apple tec will go thru with you over the phone before they recommend you return it.

I don't think those steps are gonna help
Him since his device doesn't turn on no matter what.

update- went to apple store & they woke up my "sleeping beauty" all working again

"did they tell u the problem" , just that it went into hybernation
strange, it's not even winter

it happened again yesterday 3 times , i finally got hold of apple & they told me its probaly hardware failure & have put a new phone aside for me to change out at one of their stores

it happened again yesterday 3 times , i finally got hold of apple & they told me its probaly hardware failure & have put a new phone aside for me to change out at one of their stores

Ahh, apple you gotta love 'em, except they suck massive dick most of the time by back-ordering everyones phones because theyre in SUCH high demand.