What's new

Iphone4 Issues?

jeff77789

Reaction score
I mean it's a great phone i will have to admit. But there are some design flaws that exist here. Lemme list them out and you guys tell me if you see the same things on your iphone

1. :camera:Bugs me to crap! ok so not the camera ITSELF but if you look on any phone with a camera, almost all of them "sink" in the camera so that it's not the highest point on the backside (such as my old LG Shine) My guess is that its to keep the camera from getting scratched. So i just inspected the outer glass lens on my camera and it was scratched! (hold it up to the light so that it reflects light off the surface) im mad at apple for making 97% of the glass on the back really strong and unscratchable and that camera's glass scratchable. Im guessing i got that scratch from sliding it across on a granite countertop unintentionally. I am definitedly getting a case so that the camera could be "sunk" into the phone and it wont be the highest point on the back side.
  2. :iphone4vert:Im lefty so i have this problem so when im making a call, :phone: the speaker is towards the backside of my chin, so people cant hear anything when i talk, i have to switch it over to the other side
  3. :phone:Receptiion issuses? idk but the antenna thing of the left corner (im lefty remember?) only only appears if your hand is a specific moisture.
  4. Battery doesnt last long? I give it a 100% charge at 7 in the morning (idk if it stops charging once it detects it's @ 100%) and i did 2-3 hours of gaming and the rest on stanby...its around %40 percent now. i dont think that it can go 7 hrs of continuous talk time. according to the app battery master, it can only go 3 and a half.
thats it for now........tell me what you think........and yea idk if anybody else out there is having this problem

(as for the camera being scratched issue, this wasnt an issue on the 3gs because when you put it down, the curved surface "saved" it from being scratched)

Can't help you with the first two, but that third one about the battery life... That's actually really good, but if you're complaining about how its bad make sure you're not running a bunch of apps you dont need in the background just close em out, that might help a little bit.

Last edited:
1. I can see your point about the camera... Of course it's apple and a major part is the "outward beauty" so yea maby not the best idea but it flows with the design.

2. The iphone4 runs at 1ghz and has 512mb ram..... Gameing is a huge battery hog... It will last a day even with heavy use. Compared to my 3GS I'm really happy with the improvement.

oh rite. THanks u guys for clearin it up.......i just dont like how multitasking can go all the way to like 60,70 apps in the "background"

and haha yea apparently "outward appearance" means putting the camera in a scratch prone area ASKING for it to be scratched lol i thought that was funny

any1 else's camera scratched? i kno mine is and there are numerous <10 micrometer scratches and like 2 >80 micrometer scratches so yea....it just bothers me cuz the "outward appearance" is screwed up but they are non-detectable in pictures as i have tried many times trying to spot the scratches

Easy way to prevent that was to buy a case O_O

Agreed. I've had my bumper on it since I got it, so my camera lens is the lowest part on the back of the phone. No scratches. But your point is still valid. I wonder if you can replace the lens.

Does the scratch show up on any of the photos as a line or some form of marking? If it does, you're still under warranty.

Another reason why people should have the full body invisible shield (in addition to a case). It doesn't cover the camera but it's lower than the shield so the shield protects it from scratching as well. This site has the lowest price that I've seen on the web. LJB Store

As far as the antenna issue, you should use a bluetooth or a headset. On the multitasking issue, I usually turn off my phone once a day just to get rid of the stuff running in the background.

Can any one tell me how to face time to someone's lap top

Does the scratch show up on any of the photos as a line or some form of marking? If it does, you're still under warranty.

i dont think so............after all there only visible when you reflect light of it........like scratches that you would see on a CD or a DVD but the DVD player still reads it..kinda like that

i mean, the pictures are great, its just that on the outside, i see some scratches

A case will clear most of those problems up. I have to use one because I would screw the phone for sure without one. They are design flaws, it's clearly form over function but it is what it is. I think the battery is sufficient, I am out of the house for 9/10 hours a day. I check the Internet here and there and listen to mp3's about half the day and I still have 40 to 50% battery left when I get home. That's perfect. I found the wifi will drain the battery if left on, I shut I off when I leave the house.

A case will clear most of those problems up. I have to use one because I would screw the phone for sure without one. They are design flaws, it's clearly form over function but it is what it is. I think the battery is sufficient, I am out of the house for 9/10 hours a day. I check the Internet here and there and listen to mp3's about half the day and I still have 40 to 50% battery left when I get home. That's perfect. I found the wifi will drain the battery if left on, I shut I off when I leave the house.

That's exactly what i do, nice. Except for the thing you do with Wi-Fi I didn't know that that could drain the battery

That's exactly what i do, nice. Except for the thing you do with Wi-Fi I didn't know that that could drain the battery

I am not a 100% positive that is the case but I read something about that on here and I shut it off and the battery seems to last a lot longer. I think it has to do with it constantly searching for a connection. If it is actually connected it doesn't seem to drain.