What's new

Some Questions On The Verizon iPhone 4...

NVash

Reaction score
I have been considering getting an iPhone 4 on Verizo for a short while now and have a few questions.
1) Im planning to get the 32GB to use it as an iPod as well. Im pretty sure juggling an iPod and iPhone would be a pain so I figure Ill combine them. Will using its iPod capabilities hurt my battery life? Im sure itll drain it somewhat but will I use it for an hour or so and end up on yellow or can it go for hours and still be used as a phone?
2) The video chat, I figured that was pretty awesome on AT&T but can it do that on Verizon as well? Also, is it compatible with other phones? I have a friend on TMobile who wanted to vidchat with her Android phone, will that work?
3) If it uses vidchat I think its safe to assume it has the forward facing camera as well. Is the camera any good on either side?
4) This may be more of a location issue but is the reception any good?
5) Im a huge fan of Handcent SMS on the Droid. Anyway to get that on the iPhone? Is it as customizable on iPhone as it is on Droid?
6) Is there a new iPhone coming out soon? Id hate to pay for a two year contract and get locked in just in time for the new one to come out.
7) Is this phone a good buy? Any reasons I should stay away from it?

Dont worry about using the iphone like an ipod. I uze it everyday, and it only drains a few percent after one hour. In fact i listen sirius streaming over 3g everyday for an hour, and that only drains about 15 battery in one hour. Streaming over 3g drains the battery a lot quicker than just listening to your music on the phone. So its a non issue.

I have no problem with reception. Yes, you will lose signal strength without a case, but that ia solved by getting a case.

There will likely be another iphone by this fall, but probably not a major improvement as it likely wont be 4g. Probably will see a 4G model the following summer, so the choice is yours if you want to wait. If you plan to get a new one again in a year or so, then just get the 16 gb and save $100 now, and when the 4G model comes out, sell your phone and buy the new one. The only problem is that it likely will be more expensive than what they are selling for now.