What's new

iphone4 icons move after battery recharge

gglaze

Reaction score
Hi,
After I recharge my iphone4, ios 5.01, the icons on my screens all move back
one screen to the left, which covers up my wallpaper.
I have moved them back and they stay until I recharge the battery again and
then they move back one screen to the left.
I am temporarily putting them in folders as much as possible to minimize the moving
but would prefer to use some fix for this annoying problem.
This phone is not jail broken.

Is it true that this can only be done(as well as move mutiple icons at the same time)
on a phone that is jail broken(using cydia)?

Would appreciate any advice !
Thanks

Happened again today....
Sigh....

I like to keep the first/homepage free of icons. My previous model 3G allowed, icons always stayed in place whether or not it completely lost charge/battery power. I've searched all over and asked. Don't understand why the 4S changes on it's own, it's frustrating and time consuming to move several pages of icons over only to have them return. Trying to beat the battery before it entirely looses charge to save it isn't the solution. Come on now...what's up with this. I'm all the more concerned seeing that the post I'm replying to is several months old with no replies or solutions.
My phone is not jailbroke it's a 4S with the newest IOS. I don't think another app is the solution.
I will send feedback to Apple. Hope others do the same.

Hi, Thanks for the reply. At least I NOW know that this happens on other people's phones too !
Yesterday I got a clever idea and moved all the icons one extra screen over to the right and
will post back later to see if they still moved back to the 1st screen after charging.

Appreciate your thoughts on this and totally agree that this should not happen.
It's ridiculous !
No Foolin' either...on April 1st...

If you jailbroke, there is a fix for this specific issue.

And yes, if you jailbroke, you can move multiple icons at one time with a tweak called MultiIconMover:

Just enter editing mode, tap on the icon you wnat to move (a checkmark is placed in the lower coner), move to the page you want to move the icons to, and press the home button and they all move to that page at one time (only works if there is space for the icons to be moved there)

The tweaks that prevent icons resetting is called: "Bug Fix: Duplicate icons" & "Bug Fix: Stuck Pages". Both work ver well together

Installed automatically with Infinidock. tweak that allows you to place as many icons in the dock as you want and scroll through them endlessly if you choose.

Last edited:
Actually without jail breaking you can move multiple icons at one time. We both stated our phones are not; though the
previous person did ask if the feature was only available via jailbreak.
Again I reiterate the icons seem to return to a default mode resetting to pages we don't want them on when the battery completely drains. Keeping a blank page was possible with the 3G a feature I prefer because I do not want icons on the first screen/page I prefer a blank page upon opening/starting.
Thank you for responding.
At least someone responded - don't jailbreak your phone; we will resolve this! Bringing attention to it matters.

I don't want you to think I'm stalking you, I noticed you've posted in the Apple forum as well. I will post too hoping to get attention to this matter. I'm also going to make an appointment with the Genius group at my local Apple store. I think the other forum may be the better place to resolve this.

No problem. Thanks for pursuing this. Good luck with the Genius too.
I think you are right about the other forum.