What's new

Ringer turns off and on when phone is moved

rolhuf1968

Reaction score
This started today when I move my phone the ringer turns off and on without touching the button on the side. I do get the Icon on the screen like I have flip the silent switch but I have not touched it. If I do officially flip the switch the behavior stops until I turn the ringer back on. I have restarted the phone and nothing seems to make this behavior better. Anyone with any ideas would be helpful.

Rolland

rolhuf1968 said:
This started today when I move my phone the ringer turns off and on without touching the button on the side. I do get the Icon on the screen like I have flip the silent switch but I have not touched it. If I do officially flip the switch the behavior stops until I turn the ringer back on. I have restarted the phone and nothing seems to make this behavior better. Anyone with any ideas would be helpful.

Rolland

That sounds like a hardware issue. You'll probably have to take it to your nearest apple store. They might can repair it, or replace the device if it's still under warranty.

the vibrate switch got loose and now the internal connection has a will of its own. if your phone is jailbroken just install SBsettings and then install the vibrate/ring. i did that on my 3gs because i was scared of that happening. i do it on the 4 too