What's new

iPhone XS Max black screen on wake up

Kaizoku1992

Reaction score
I have a problem on my new iPhone XS Max that I bought two weeks ago. When I wake up my phone with slide button, or “tap to wake” or “rase to wake” features, some times my phone doesn’t open and screen remains black but my phone is on, I can open apps and I’m listening sounds (but screen is black). To open my screen when this happening, I need to press slide button (then I’m hearing sound that phone closed) and press it again (display wake up). Then screen opens and image are showing on screen. Hard reset its not necessary because with 2 press on slide button it open. What’s the problem? iOS bug or hardware problem and I need to returned on apple store? I’m running iOS 12.2 and I had this problem on 12.1. Anyone has this issue? This happening about 1-3 times a day.

In other forum that asked about this issue, some people answer me that they faced the same problem and this is bug. Anyone else has the same issue?

Even if you did not purchase AppleCare+, you’re still in the 90 days of free telephone technical support included with your purchase. Try calling Apple and see what they say.

I send my iphone to apple and they didnt find any problem on hardware. Maybe its bug ios but we will find it soon...

I had the same issue a month ago. It only happened once this far. Absolutely no issues since. Apple did recommend to shut down device once a week for better optimization. So I just do that. Again, no issues.