What's new

Black screen

mpossoff

Reaction score
This was my problem...

1- was surfing on 3G then my screen went black, looked like it shut down

2- hit home button but wouldn't open up

3- hit sleep button wouldn't open up

4- pushed home button/sleep button at same time, apple logo would appear but wouldn't reboot

5- tried to charge wasn't indicating it was charging just black screen

6-- when I got home hooked USB to computer opened up iTunes then it came on

This happened couple other times but when I did a reboot it worked.

Anyone else have this issue and why did this happen? iPhone has been running great since however I'm concerned cause we are leaving for vacation and need my iPhone for gps and other related stuff.

Just a thought, start deleting any apps that you have downloaded sense this started happening from the iPhone. If you find one that fixes the problem, go into iTunes, left column to "Library" section, click on "Apps" and delete the offending app from iTunes. If this is a must have app, download the app from the app store again and install, does the problem come back? If it doesn't, great, if it does come back delete it again, try another app that does the same thing if possible.

As a quicker way may be to delete all the apps downloaded sense this started happening from iPhone and iTunes and reinstall them all. One at a time would be the best way if you have the time.

You could also go to the app store and look at the reviews of the programs you have downloaded sense this started happening and see if any of the reviewers have had a similar problem with a particular program, might help speed up finding the offending app.

This was my problem...

2- .

Just curious: did you try to restore from a "back-up" point in iTunes with one that you had saved prior to the problem timeframe?

This was my problem...

2- .

Just curious: did you try to restore from a "back-up" point in iTunes with one that you had saved prior to the problem timeframe?

Hi hasn't happened since the last episode. I didn't try to restore my iPhone recently.