What's new

Stock phone... Home button is not working well

Moroney167

Reaction score
Home button works maybe half the time. Otherhalf its BS. You can hit it slowly 10 times and nothign happens. Then to try to turn screen on to unlock it it won't most of the time. Yet then it will work fine otherwise. When your done with an app or website you can hit home nothing happens but then somehow treats it like a triple click (mine goes black on white whatever). Anything I can do? Just a button issue or perhaps time to unlock this thing. I normally did all my own rooting on my droids but I am just so happy with the iphone setup its been fine for me.

Book a genius bar appointment and they will replace it its hardware not software.

Moroney..... I'm not sure if I have the exact problem you have, but Home buttons on the iPhone sometimes seem erratic. Much of the time, I have to play with the Home button several times to open up the task bar (on the bottom). Seems like the interval between the double-clicks is very touchy. In my case, I don't believe it's a hardware issue since when the iPhone is in lock mode, a simple touch of the Home button ALWAYS awakens it. You might try that test out in your device. IMHO, running apps in the background can make the Home button touch not "process" the first time due to the CPU "business."