What's new

iPhone X won’t turn on

steelerdude1

Reaction score
tried a hard reset, connecting to iTunes and updating.

Get an error that iPhone can’t be updated and needs to be restored to factory settings. The only problem with this is all photos and data will be lost.

This happened while my daughter was on vacation, and she doesn’t want to lose her photos.

She doesn’t think she backs up photos to iCloud due to storage space limitations

Any suggestions?

Are you able to back up the iPhone?
If the iPhone needs to be restored and there is no recent backup, all data will be lost. Unfortunately it’s the only way to get the iPhone working again.

She never backed up to her iTunes as far as she knows.

She has a MacBook, not sure if things sync with each other. I did look at her photo album, and the recent vacation pics were not on it.

She is going to take it to an Apple store to see if they may be able to recover them.

One of the main reason for this battery dead or worst. First, you should charge your mobile and try to on it, but if you fail from that just try another charger or change your battery.

Took it to an Apple store, and they said it was toast. Filed a claim with AT&T with the insurance I pay for and it was replaced.

She lost all of the photos, due to them not being backed up to the cloud. Contacts, texts, ect came over from cloud storage.

Took it to an Apple store, and they said it was toast. Filed a claim with AT&T with the insurance I pay for and it was replaced.

She lost all of the photos, due to them not being backed up to the cloud. Contacts, texts, ect came over from cloud storage.
I’m glad the phone was replaced but she’ll have to backup her phone form now on, either through iTunes or iCloud. There are also several photo storage and sharing options in iCloud.