What's new

iPhone X Benchmark Tops Android

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone-X-BenchMark-GeekBench-796x419.jpg

The new iPhone X has shown up on Geekbench and the scores of the new A11 chip are pretty astounding. The chip scores up there with the MacBook Pro! The All is a 6 core processor with 2 high score cores and 4 high efficiency cores. The new iPhone gets nearly 10k on multi score while the Galaxy S8 only gets about 6.2k. The Galaxy S8 only gets about half the single core score of the iPhone X at 2k vs the iPhone's 4k. It isn't yet clear if Apple is gaming the benchmark. Other OEMs like OnePlus have been guilty of doing this in the past.

via TheNextWeb

I know l'm an idiot but why does it say iPhone 10.5
And not 10 or X ???

I know l'm an idiot but why does it say iPhone 10.5
And not 10 or X ???
That’s the identifier. It shows exactly which iPhone this is, as well as which model.

An example:
This is one of the iPhone 7 Plus models:
iPhone 7 Plus (AT&T/T-Mobile/Global/A1784) 32, 128, 256 GB Specs (iPhone 7 Plus, A1784, MNQT2LL/A*, 3092*, iPhone9,4) @ EveryiPhone.com
It’s identifyer is 9,4.

If you know that, you can determine it’s latest software on this site, e.g.:
TSSstatus API - Status
The identifier might also help finding the correct software for this device, should you ever have to or plan to downgrade. I’ve seen sites offering the links to the software showing the identifier, not the name of the iPhone.
You might have seen a few posts mentioning iTunes error 3194. If you don’t use the right iOS version for your device specifically, this error will be the result.