What's new

iphone wont connect to internet

79Bronco

Reaction score
I have a iphone 3gs. I got it brand new. Ever since I got it, it has not connected to the internet. The top says 3g or E when I try to connect. It works on wi-fi and calls and texts just fine.
I have it on the pay as you go(at&t), and I do have data. But even if I had no data it should still connect right?
I researched it and found it was possible to have an iphone on the pay as you go, with no modifications. Ive looked around online and found some people go to “unlockit” and get a new “APN Carrier Settings”. I did that and still nothing.
I am confused because it always says 3g or E, but it wont connect. Could it maybe be a bad sim card?

Any help would be great. I have tried a soft reset and resetting the network settings.

Thanks For The Help!
79Bronco

It may be difficult to answer your question without a hands-on look. What I would do is go to the carrier's (ATT) local store/office and have THEM explain your non-connectivity issue. Maybe there's a plan glitch which prevents you from connecting with your carrier's data network. If not, they could likely walk you through a resolution for your prob....

If you talk to the ATT people, they say you cant use the iphone as a pay as you go, so I dont know how they would respond to it. They might just say you cant do it and not help.
I was wondering if anyone else has done this and had a problem and what they did to fix it.