What's new

iPhone not connecting to internet

Emeraldel

Reaction score
Hi, I just registered because I needed to see if others are having the same problem I was.......no internet connection with my iPhone 5. I've been at it for close to 3 weeks and even bought a new router. Just as I lost all hope and followed everyone's suggestions, I found the culprit ...an app by the name of onavo. Once I deleted it, my web connection came back! I know this won't help most, but it may help someone, so I'm posting it.

No, I'm sorry but I don't have a clue! I just noticed that it was an app that tracked and tried to lower my usage and for the lack of any alternatives left, I deleted it knowing since I had had it, I could get it back.

No, I'm sorry but I don't have a clue! I just noticed that it was an app that tracked and tried to lower my usage and for the lack of any alternatives left, I deleted it knowing since I had had it, I could get it back.

sounds like it was a good choice to get rid of that app then!

Glad you got your phone connected now! :)

Hi, I just registered because I needed to see if others are having the same problem I was.......no internet connection with my iPhone 5. I've been at it for close to 3 weeks and even bought a new router. Just as I lost all hope and followed everyone's suggestions, I found the culprit ...an app by the name of onavo. Once I deleted it, my web connection came back! I know this won't help most, but it may help someone, so I'm posting it.
is this app in iTunes? I just checked and see it is,I'm wondering if it might be a good idea to mention this to Apple.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's on iTunes and I can let them know.........but hopefully, they read these message boards carefully to stay ahead of any problems so their bottom line won't suffer. Then again, seeing their stock is down, maybe they don't! ;-)

Hi.... I'm just wondering whether you had the Net problem while using 3G. In any case, very strange....

Welcome and glad you solved your problem!!

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

I didn't have any problem while using 4G; it was wifi connection both at home and other homes/businesses. In fact, the only time I could connect was if I used the 4G. Go figure! It's working very well now and I won't go over my data package again! Yea!