What's new

No data (edge/3G) connection

newgen2005

Reaction score
hi guys

I have an O2 3G jailbroken with redsn0w and unlocked with ultrasn0w running 4.2.1. I have make and receive calls but I cannot get a data connection, I have put in the APN settings and get an Data IP address in SBsettings but safari says there is no internet connection! I have tried resetting settings etc! Any ideas?

Cheers

Contact O2 and have them provide you with the needed information to setup the edge or 3G connection.

Thanks for the reply, the problem is that I am not using the official O2 sim, I am using the with another carrier hence why the phone has been unlocked, I have put the APN settings in from the provider and they work in my girlfriend's 3G that is factory unlocked and jailbroken phone! I am guessing it has something to do with ultrasn0w!

It could't be related to ultrasnow since you have the network reception. It's all about the setting IMO.

bab2010 said:
It could't be related to ultrasnow since you have the network reception. It's all about the setting IMO.

The strange thing is that the APN settings work on my girlfriends 3G with 4.2.1 and with same carrier! Surely if I have an ip address in sbsettings that must mean I have the correct settings? when I remove the APN settings I get no ip address!

bab2010 said:

The strange thing is that the APN settings work on my girlfriends 3G with 4.2.1 and with same carrier! Surely if I have an ip address in sbsettings that must mean I have the correct settings? when I remove the APN settings I get no ip address!

Go to settings> general> reset> reset all settings/ after that, perform a hardreset and put back those apn settings.

bab2010 said:
Go to settings> general> reset> reset all settings/ after that, perform a hardreset and put back those apn settings.

Did what you said and boom I now have edge :) thank you very much for your help.