What's new

IPhone will not send photos to email

Eve612

Reaction score
I am unable to send photos from phone to email. What do I do to fix it?

It's not possible to send pictures to an email. If you use the built in Mail app, you can insert photos and send them per email.
Every other email app (Gmail, Inbox, Yahoo Mail, ...) needs your allowance to be able to access your Photos app.

What exactly are you trying to do? Maybe we can help when you describe your problem more precisely.

I am using the mail app in my phone. I choose the pic I want to send & click on the option to send to email. I choose the size, then hit send. I hear the "whoosh" like it is being sent, but it never arrives. I have done this in the past & it worked fine, but now it no longer does.

Is this only happening when you try sending pictures?

Here's what you can try:
Go to your settings on the iPhone, Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Select the email address that doesn't send photos, and take a look at your settings for the outgoing mail server, if it's possible to view them.

Another method to get rid of problems with an email account, would be to remove the account completely, and reinstall it.

Last edited:
It is the iphone that won't send the photo to any email account. My husband just took the photo's with his phone & sent them to the email & it worked fine. It just won't do the same with my phone.

It is the iphone that won't send the photo to any email account. My husband just took the photo's with his phone & sent them to the email & it worked fine. It just won't do the same with my phone.
Try a hard reset on your phone, It might help and won't remove any of your data so worth a try.
Hold down the Home button and On/Off button until the apple appears, your phone will reboot.

It's possible that the settings are not right. You can receive images, but you can't send them. That's why I suggested taking a look at your settings.