What's new

iPhone vs HTC

ohiostatefn

Reaction score
My son has a iPhone 3GS and is ready for an upgrade. He says he wants a HTC instead of the iPhone 4 or 5. I told him that HTC is a different OS and his apps and music from iTunes are not compatible. Does anyone know for sure if I am correct. The AT&T guy, apparently, said that they were compatible, but I think it was just to sell a phone. I know HTC uses Zune for music and has a completely different app store. I don't see the point of switching brands, but he likes being difficult and lacks common sense.

I know one thing for sure! Those AT&T ASSociates lie big time! I've caught a few of them in bold face lies to sell a phone. If it weren't so labor intensive, I would pursue my findings further but it's not worth it. I've been told everything from AppleCare covers a cracked screen to, 4G is about a month away. I stared out with the HTC Inspire and hated it, I now have the iP4, it is twice...no more than twice the device of the HTC. As far as the other stuff you asked about, I'm not sure.

Why do I stay with AT&T you ask if I'm treated that way? Well, I have learned recently that AT&T's customer service (on the phone) is impeccable. Anything to make me happy and resolve issues. I've never seen anything like it. I've never had to deal with them much on the phone (even though I've been with them for about 5 years), but lately with the multiple fiascos I've been involved with at my local corporate store, I've had to call them on the phone and get things straightened out. I almost switched to Verizon; I'm glad I didn't, they have treated me like a king lately.

Why did I say all that? To let you know that those people in those stores are after one thing and one thing only, and that is to sell you a phone! If they detect you leaning one way or another, they will tell you whatever you want to hear. My apologies to any HONEST AT&T associates who may read this.

im told htc are very un reliable but there are things on the iphone that would be crippled that he might like to use like bluetooth send and receive...

The only reason I switched is because the droid would not bookmark podcasts and I could not find a car dock for it. I have now found that the bluetooth on my iphone sucks. As far as apps go, there is usually an android equal app in the market and more times than not, it free. The call quality on the iphone is a little better I think but the data is slower but that might be because safari is horrible. I wish they could put the usefulness of both phones together but then there would be no competition. The bluetooth thing is really pissing me off right not because the law around here changes soon and I will have to use it in the truck.