What's new

iPhone 4 vs HTC Desire HD

Swipe

Reaction score
I have come into a dilemma. I'm 50/50 of either getting a Desire HD or an iPhone 4. Now I know this is an iPhone forum, but can you tell me why I should get a iPhone 4 instead of a Desire HD? Only informative replies please. I asked in the local iPhone forum and all I got was, i kid you not "O.M.G! GET AN IPHONE ITS SO MUUUUUCCH BETTER" or praising the iPhone without so much evidence to back it up.

Yes, I did research on it. But I am still in the middle.

Here's what I got so far (I'll will add more as soon as people add more info)

+DHD

Bigger screen
Better customization
Removable battery
HTC Sense

-DHD
No front facing camera
Battery life
Bad audio

+iPhone
Better screen

-iPhone
No removable battery
Needs to be jailbroken
Better quality pictures and video

I would really appreciate it if I can get feedback if anyone has both the Desire HD and iPhone 4.

Thank you all!! I am sorry if I bother anyone with this.

I cant speak for the other phone but the phone i think its a + that it ha sno removable back... as even when a phone does i never remove it or carry an extra battery with me, seems like hassle to me..

and you dont have to jailbreak but you can customise it so much more if you do. the quality is amazing you can get so many good games and useful apps as well.

but i never had the other phone so i couldent tell you in my opinion what i think is better and of course on a iphone site or a Desire HD you will probably get every one saying get the iphone or get the Desire.. you have to look at both phones and see what best suits your needs.. no expandable memory might be a problem for some. no changing sms tone another and really customising the phone with out jailbreak.

but either way i would wait until the next gen iphone if you decide to go with the iphone, its only going to get better..

I think the not removable back is a - for me, because I travel a lot (public transport, blahg) so spare batteries are a must.

How long does an iPhone last?

You can't customize the iPhone? Like the ringtone and such?

Thank you for replying btw :D

Last edited:
I think the not removable back is a - for me, because I travel a lot (public transport, blahg) so spare batteries are a must.

How long does an iPhone last?

You can't customize the iPhone? Like the ringtone and such?

well you can customise it but not much.. you can have a wallpaper a custom ringtone you cant change sms tone but its hassle putting custom ringtones you have to use .m4r format and they cant be over 30 seconds.. so you select the song you want and sit there converting it. doesent take long but it would be so much nicer if you could select any mp3 and just set as ringtone... or even change sms tone..

you can change wallpaper and lock screen though it cant be animated with out jailbreak.. basically apple really restricts the phone..

no bluetooth send/receive..

but apart from the not being able to customise it much with out jailbreak its amazing and is a very good phone. and slowly apple add these features any way but some like the bluetooth i doubt will ever get added...

there are cases for the iphone that act as a second battery also you can buy devices that you basically use and can charge your iphone a few times.. so the removable battery is not really a minus.. heavy usage of the iphone it last about a day depending what you do.. if its heavy gaming it lasts maybe 6-7 hours lol and also depending on the brightness of screen and also if you have bluetooth/3g..etc turn on or off that greatly reduces battery if you have all or most on.. jailbreak apps such as winterboard which is what you use to customise your phone reduces battery life again..

I heard that you can only bluetooth to headphones?

Also when I want a video from a friend, she said that only other iPhones can share videos and pictures. Is that true?

I heard that you can only bluetooth to headphones?

Also when I want a video from a friend, she said that only other iPhones can share videos and pictures. Is that true?

bluetooth can work with your car speakers also and not sure what else..

if you use mms you can send videos or pics to any phone... you just cant bluetooth them...

also you can video call free from iphone to any other video phone free on wifi or with jailbreak 3g as well and computer to iphone video calls.