What's new

iPhone Vs Driod

dafonte1968

Reaction score
I am new to the Iphone family after spending several years as a Droid. I got an Ipad and could instantly see how well they could work together. My only complaint is that even with the Driod not being "Rooted/Jail broke" I could at least tether it to my computer. Does any one know of any Non Jail Broke Apps that will allow me to do that, Since 4.2.1 seems to be non jail breakable.

Thanks

DF

dafonte1968 said:
I am new to the Iphone family after spending several years as a Droid. I got an Ipad and could instantly see how well they could work together. My only complaint is that even with the Driod not being "Rooted/Jail broke" I could at least tether it to my computer. Does any one know of any Non Jail Broke Apps that will allow me to do that, Since 4.2.1 seems to be non jail breakable.

Thanks

DF

What! 4.2.1 is Jailbreakable...go to jailbreakme.com from safari on your phone.

Its seem everywhere I've looked 4.2.10 has just been shortened to 4.2.1. Icrank when i go to jailbreakme.com its tells me its not compatible. I've tried using redsnow and green poison with no luck....maybe I'm just slow on technology

thanks
df

dafonte1968 said:
Its seem everywhere I've looked 4.2.10 has just been shortened to 4.2.1. Icrank when i go to jailbreakme.com its tells me its not compatible. I've tried using redsnow and green poison with no luck....maybe I'm just slow on technology

thanks
df

I have never heard of the shortening of the firmware name. But 4.2.10 isn't jailbreakable

No luck on 4.2.10... there is nothing and you will probably not see nothing till iOS 5

No way. I knew better then to upgrade. I have not moved fro 3 upgrades now because I did not want to loose my jail break.

yeah i just got the phone plugged it into Itunes without knowing not to upgrade to 4.2.1 and got hosed.....

dafonte1968 said:
yeah i just got the phone plugged it into Itunes without knowing not to upgrade to 4.2.1 and got hosed.....

Do you mean 4.2.10. What's hard about saying the zero..you guys confuse me.

My friend bought the LG 3D and I found it to be very similar to the iphone in how it works but android isent so bad at all..

What about a tethered jailbreak, any way to do that?

I must be doing something wrong....tried snowbreeze and greenpoison......no luck