What's new

iPhone Vibrates Every Few Seconds When Plugged In

teeth1

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 5. I was charging the phone with a charging case whilst listening to music on bluetooth speakers on Fri 28th night. The phone did heat up.

On 29th Sat morning, the phone was working find but randomly shut off whilst I was using it. I was able to turn it back on and reuse it until it turned off again but when the apple logo showed up when I booted it, the screen flickered - as if brightness was going up down up down.

Then on 30th Sunday when I charged the phone, it showed the charging symbol on notifications and made the charging sound but the battery percentage wouldn't increase, It went down from 11% to 7% then the phone completely switched off.

It wouldn't turn back again and when I plugged in the charger it vibrates every few seconds. Now it just vibrates when I plug it in and the screen is completely black and won't turn on at all.

I have important videos and photos on the device that I cannot lose. I am out of warranty so Apple repair will be too expensive.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Do you still have the same problem if you remove the charging case?

Yes, I have the same problem without the case when I plug the charger in. I have also tried replacing the battery but the same vibrating problem occurs.

If the phone is heating up excessively as you mentioned in your first post, it usually means that something could be causing a short inside the phone. It would be a good idea to have the phone checked out at the Genius Bar at the closest Apple Store. Until you get the phone checked out you shouldn't try to use it anymore. Also, unless the phone can be powered up, there would be no way to transfer the data on it to your computer or another device.