What's new

iPhone use with a Windows PC

pls2000

Reaction score
I am considering getting an iPhone as a new phone. What makes me pause is that my computer is a Windows 10 PC.

Now that iTunes for Windows is dead, is it possible to back and restore and to update iPhone software using a Windows PC?

Thanks

Not sure where the info came from that iTunes for Windows is dead.

In fact, Windows 7 onward will run the latest version of iTunes (12.5.1) that is required to backup and generally work with iOS 10.

Not sure what you are talking about, my HP desktop with Windows 10 works fine with iTunes and iOS10. Which reminds me that I need sync my 6 to do a backup before my 7 Plus arrives on Monday.

Not sure where the info came from that iTunes for Windows is dead.

In fact, Windows 7 onward will run the latest version of iTunes (12.5.1) that is required to backup and generally work with iOS 10.

Don't know why you say generally, l have had no problems so far with Windows 8.
Have you heard of any?

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.

Bad wording. I meant "do all the other things that iTunes is supposed to do".

Only issue I have is I can't get my mp3's converted for use with the phone. For my old tones and such.

Only issue I have is I can't get my mp3's converted for use with the phone. For my old tones and such.

Bit more info required. What are you trying to do? The iPhone is compatible with MP3. No need to convert them.

Really? I'm sorry Kevin. I admit I haven't read through everything yet being a newbie. My ringtones from the old phone are in .mp3 format and wanted to use them on the iphone. Coming from Android.

Ah. They will need converting. Make a copy and change the file extension of the copy to m4r. That might work. If not we will figure out how to do it.

Cool! How do I get them to the right folder or place on the phone? Just tell me to shut up and research it. lol