What's new

DICM folder (on pc) doesn't show some pictures and videos

Geo80

Reaction score
7S iphone. Photos app on phone shows all the pictures and short videos. i need to save these on pc and delete them in order to update iOS and apps.
In the past i was able to open iTunes on Windows pc and attach the phone to usb port and update easily when the phone was full. For some reason ITunes starts the process and fails. This has been the case over a year.

Windows 11 shows DICM folder when phone is connected to pc (itunes not running.) However, all the subfolders won't include short family videos fron 2018-19! I don't know why.
iCloud is full (5 GB). I will install the pc icloud app and download everything from iCloud. Hoping all the videos are up there!!

ITunes app on pc lets me backup the phone on pc. I don't know if all the picture/video files are saved within itunes subdirectory.

I need suggestions how to retrieve these files.

I might be able to attach each video file to email and send tem to myself. That is probably my last option.

thanks for your time.

More information:

I was at iCloud web site today. I signed in and checked my pictures and videos there. It is pretty easy to delete and download files to my Windows pc. The files download as zip files. I wanted to try iCloud app for Windows (I use W 11) . It downloaded from Microsoft store. It showed it was not compatible with Outlook!! I was hoping to see if the app would make it easier for bulk downloading.
So, back to browser and iCloud web site to download.