What's new

iphone software updating

jayney1961

Reaction score
Hope someone can help.

I am looking for help for my daughters iphone. She is unable to send text messages. She rang apple tech help and they told her to update itunes/back up iphone then update iphone software. But, when she is trying to update the software it is telling her that there is 32 hours remaining.

She has tried to do it on different computers but she keeps getting the same information.

Can anyone please help, surely it shouldn't take that long??

P.S It is an Iphone 4

Last edited:
That shouldn't be an Apple problem and more towards either a computer or internet problem. The file is fairly large and if your attempt to download is during peak hours, or if your speeds aren't the best, you're going to see a long download time. If anything, try upgrading using the Software Update in Settings > General. Make sure you have a good Wifi connection, and that your iPhone is plugged in (recommended) since it's not instantaneous.

Hi Willerz2,
Ok thanks for that.
Maybe it's the computers she's tried it on as they are oldish comuters.
My daughter is going to try it on her brothers Mac computer tomorrow, so maybe that will work as it is a new computer.

She has also deleted a LOT of photo's and video's off her iphone just incase that interferes.

Will let you know how she gets on doing it on Mac computer.

Thanks

Let us know whether the newer computer works better for you. The key, though, is your Internet connection. Do a speedtest, and if you don't have at least an 8 Mbps connection, it's going to take a while.