What's new

IOS 5 Problems with music

steelerdude1

Reaction score
Hello all,

I updated my iphone 4 with no issues, but my daughters phone is a different story. No music is showing up on her phone, and when she tries to access it from itunes she gets an error message that it can't be located from an outside source.

She tried re-syncing the phone, and still no music on the phone. Anyone else having this issue? what's the fix?

Everything else is there, contacts, past messages email set up ect., the problem is just music.

Last edited:
Hello all,

I updated my iphone 4 with no issues, but my daughters phone is a different story. No music is showing up on her phone, and when she tries to access it from itunes she gets an error message that it can't be located from an outside source.

She tried re-syncing the phone, and still no music on the phone. Anyone else having this issue? what's the fix?

Everything else is there, contacts, past messages email set up ect., the problem is just music.

I had the same problem and finally fixed it. What I did was under iTunes hit the "Store" dropdown and select "deauthorize this computer" then it should start to sync your music. Then after you sync you can reauthorize and you should be good.