What's new

iPhone SE 2020. App store icon pending update badge

coopern

Reaction score
I've had my SE for 6 months , 15.6, and have disabled auto update of apps. I have about 6 additional apps on my phone, like neos for example. In that time I've never seen a pending update marker or badge on the app store icon, although notification s are enabled.. I'm wondering whether the auto update slider setting on the SE is ignored.

Can someone confirm or otherwise that the app store icon on the home screen does properly show pending updates, red badge with a number.

Ta

Whenever I’ve had pending app updates the number of available updates is always shown on the red badge in the App Store app icon.
Here’s a screenshot.
DC576535-D3BF-4A3D-A51C-B47B0C2E06AD.jpeg

Last edited:
Ta. Have you got the auto update of apps slider enabled or disabled pls?

I think the auto update slider was in the enabled position by mistake, I expect to see pending updates in the next few weeks.

An update.

In order to test the update notification badge on my SE, about 3 days ago I sideloaded using Imazing an old app onto my phone, I knew it was at least 3 versions of of date. I made sure app auto updates were disabled. Today there was a notification badge informing an update was pending. Hoorah, the first I've seen in 6 months.

Furthermore, the app was sideloaded with a foreign apple id (so I could only run it using a password). The updated version uses the correct apple id and runs normally (no password needed).